• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Bunnies!

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
All 4 bunnies decided to be little monkeys this evening!

Took me and both my parents to round them up for the night :shock:

They kept going under the covered up table and chairs (Where they love to sit during the day) and kept running around the garden, making me dizzy :oops: So i had to call for backup :lol:
They all eventually went up the tunnel into the garage apart from Fuzzy, my dad picked her up, she wasnt amused! :lol:

Usually they are soo good, but i guess they didnt want to go to bed just yet :lol:

They are now safely in the garage and have had their evening pellets and topup hay :D

Night night bunnies :love:

Ah yes- they normally feed in the wild at dawn and dusk so they try to stay out if they can but they have to learn to go in to be safe from foxes.:)

I love the name Fuzzy:D
sue:wave:

My daughter bunlover has finger click trained her rabbits -so when they stay here I just have to keep clicking my fingers and they go in. Not sure how she trained them though- maybe pm her if interested?

I trained Nyxie to go back to her pen when I clap my hands and say, "bedtime."
I stole this trick from someone online but it worked. It took a few days, but in time she ran into the pen right away when I clapped my hands and said the word, cause she knew I wouldn't stop chasing her and might even pick her up if she didn't go back to her pen. :lol: If you can believe me it really works to make a noise or whatever - they seem to respond better to tongue clicking and (soft) clapping commands than to verbal commands. That is the bunny brain.....

Thanks, i may try clicker training... i do have a clicker :lol: (I was clicker training a budgie at one time :oops:)

They are usually good, usually they see me and know its bedtime so they go in with me walking behind them, but last night :shock: they just wanted more time in the garden :lol:

They get to spend time out in the garden until it is nearly dark as i know its their most active time so i try and leave them until its nearly dark and switch the garden light on then go get them in :)

Ive heard of people shaking the pellets too, to get their buns to respond, might try that too, but like i said they have already learnt that when they see me in the evenings its time for din dins, they just have their naughty days :lol::lol:

But i wouldnt change them for the world :love:

My bunnies love clicker training! They come running when they see their target coming out which is great for getting them in at night! I only train them when they come because they see the target. If they run off to do something else that's fine but normally as long as there is some banana or apple left - yes, really tasty normally banned food chopped into little pieces works well - then they are keen to hang around!

Happy to share my experience if you want to chat about it.:wave::wave:

Back