• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and other pets?

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've got 1 cat and 4 guinea-pigs and I also look after other people's dogs when they go on holiday. The dogs only go in the garden on a lead if they are good with small animals (like if they ignore them) otherwise they go on the lead in the garden because I've got guinea-pigs and don't want them to be scared. The cat goes to the toilet in the plants, so the rabbit won't get anywhere near but the dogs tend to go on the grass. It is always picked up straight away, but I'm worried about the rabbits getting near the dog poo. Their hutch and run is staying in one place but we might need to move it occasionally. Is dog poo a problem to rabbits if its been cleared up? Or is it a problem if the rabbits go on the grass where the poo has been? What does it do to rabbits? Sorry for so many questions :)

Im not sure what it would do to the rabbits but after i pick up after our dog i wash the grass down with the hose :wave:
But she rarely poos in the garden, we let her out in the back alley and she does her business :oops: Of course we pick up after her, but she also does wees out there too, saves the buns eating grass where she has weed or pooped... i wouldnt let the buns eat where she has done her business unless its been washed with the hose :?

Or you could take the dog/s for a walk to do their poos and pick up after them, i know my dog ALWAYS has to have a poo if we go out for a walk :roll: :lol:

Last edited:
Back