• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How should I react when Beano bites me?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Beano has a habit of nipping people, before she was spayed she used to do it all the time and it used to really quite hurt. Now though she is a lot better and only does it in a curious way I think, like she only means to get clothes not skin. She will nip my skin when she wants attention and that doesn't hurt but when she bites into clothes it can hurt, at the moment with it being colder I wear hoodies so can't feel her biting hurting but it is annoying to be trying to fill up hay or clean out when you've got one bunny running round you and another running round you whilst biting your clothes :lol: How should I react to her when she does it? I usually flinch away to let her know that she has hurt me and she usually won't do it again whilst I'm with her. I understand that she is quite an attention seeking bun which I do love about her but it would be nice to get other people not to be scared of her because she will nip them :( You should see her with Gordon, completely different rabbit, she will act all polite and loving around him! :love:

One idea I have heard about - I am sure there will be people coming on telling me this is a bad idea - is to scream as high pitched and loud a scream as you can manage. Because they only scream themselves when they are very scared or in severe pain they hate the noise. If you can do it as he bites he will come to associate biting with a noise he hates and hopefully stop, or do it less often.

I either stamp the ground or thump something quite loudly. Rather like a rabbit would do when danger is around.

It certainly seems to attract their attention.

I usually place my hand on his neck/back and dont let go as much as he backs out. once he has calmed down you can let go its like dominating him and showing whos the boss :) ( dont actually grab/strangle him tho :lol:)

Thankyou :) I think I will make a noise, as I said I don't think she means to hurt me so if she realises she does she may stop. It's such a shame everyone else doesn't see her that way, everyone else is scared of her because she has gone for them in the past. She was very agressive pre spay but isn't anymore, her nipping isn't agressive.

When Charlie did it I just said "OI!" fairly high pitched. Not dead loud, but enough to let him know it wasn't a normal reaction. He stopped after a few times

Back