• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Personalities

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
They are so different. I have a very aloof and spoilt lop, and a little Romeo, who will literally cover you in kisses.

i am very lucky to have two very confident buns, but they are just so different.

Sooo tell me about yours :D

Biscuit: Lazy, crazy digging little lunatic, very food oriented - very nervous around anything new - including people. Not overly keen on human contact.

Ginger: Maniacidal Binky Queen who loves her food and has no idea she's actually quite ill. She's very very confident (actually, shes just fearless) and loves human contact.

Dan - bolshie and bossy :lol: But loves being stroked.

Clo - a little more timid, unless you are offering food

Butters - has turned into a bachelor slob :lol:

I am building up mental images of how all your buns behave.. I wish we could bond them all together and live on a commune :D

both Stroppy, both opinionated, both abuse their poor mommy :cry: both very vocal in their own ways... Alvin is a buzzy bun, he shows pleasure with his buzzing. Holly grunts, she really does let you know if shes not happy with you.
both are thumpers too. Alvin is also a boxer and a spitter and a huge spring :lol:

deffo not childrens pets these pair :lol: :lol:

Pearl was a beautiful gentle loving soul :love: she would groom everything she came into contact with, she never showed any anger and was so energetic and full of life right up until she got poorly :love: she was perfect :love:

both Stroppy, both opinionated, both abuse their poor mommy :cry: both very vocal in their own ways... Alvin is a buzzy bun, he shows pleasure with his buzzing. Holly grunts, she really does let you know if shes not happy with you.
both are thumpers too. Alvin is also a boxer and a spitter and a huge spring :lol:

deffo not childrens pets these pair :lol: :lol:

Pearl was a beautiful gentle loving soul :love: she would groom everything she came into contact with, she never showed any anger and was so energetic and full of life right up until she got poorly :love: she was perfect :love:

Pearl was one of the first RU buns I remember, Carlo has quite a similar personalty, but he does get narky with Ian and will growl

Inca: Inquisitive, easy going, brave, loves human affection and Herbie affection, complete little fighter, greedy guts!

Herbie: Affectionate on HIS terms, grumpy, weird (just like his mummy), hates most other humans apart from me :)

Kermit: The most affectionate, loving, licking, resiliant, little fighter bunny ever.....basically merge the best traits of Inca & Herbie and thats him :) My soul mate bunny. x

Rambo is very smart (far smarter than the other two) and inquisitive. She likes people and will bring you things to play with but is very independent and doesn't like to be stroked or fussed over.
She is quite bold and where other rabbits see things like brooms and run panels as something to move around, she sees them as things which are in her way, grabs them and moves them. I once saw her full on attack a stone which wouldn't move out of her way.

Lola still hasn't totally forgiven me for a vet trip around 4 months ago :roll: so is quite timid. She enjoys a good head rub and does quite like people but isn't a people-oriented rabbit like she used to be.
She is very polite and pretty much works around everyone and everything else. She knows to stay away from my legs when I'm walking, she knows to avoid rambo around breakfast time, knows when it's time to go back in the shed and spends a lot of time looking after Eli.

Eli is very friendly but hates his head being touched, weirdly he doesn't mind being stroked on his back.
He loves his food and you can quite easily clip all his claws while he eats breakfast. He is very determined and will keep trying to open the food box even while you have hold of him and are dragging him away.
He loves to follow me around, sniffing everything I've touched and getting in my way. The other day I was trying to move a paving slab so he came and sat on it.
He loves the two girls and you often see him push his way in between them when they are lying down together so he can get grooming from both sides.

Rambo is very smart (far smarter than the other two) and inquisitive. She likes people and will bring you things to play with but is very independent and doesn't like to be stroked or fussed over.
She is quite bold and where other rabbits see things like brooms and run panels as something to move around, she sees them as things which are in her way, grabs them and moves them. I once saw her full on attack a stone which wouldn't move out of her way.
Lola still hasn't totally forgiven me for a vet trip around 4 months ago :roll: so is quite timid. She enjoys a good head rub and does quite like people but isn't a people-oriented rabbit like she used to be.
She is very polite and pretty much works around everyone and everything else. She knows to stay away from my legs when I'm walking, she knows to avoid rambo around breakfast time, knows when it's time to go back in the shed and spends a lot of time looking after Eli.

Eli is very friendly but hates his head being touched, weirdly he doesn't mind being stroked on his back.
He loves his food and you can quite easily clip all his claws while he eats breakfast. He is very determined and will keep trying to open the food box even while you have hold of him and are dragging him away.
He loves to follow me around, sniffing everything I've touched and getting in my way. The other day I was trying to move a paving slab so he came and sat on it.
He loves the two girls and you often see him push his way in between them when they are lying down together so he can get grooming from both sides.

That sounds just like my girl Bobby. She doesn't mind strokes but only when she fancies it.

Does Rambo (loving the name) follow you around as well?

Charlie's very stupid. I'm not being mean, he's actually the thickest rabbit I've ever met. The slightest thing confuses him and he's done some really daft things like lean on his litter tray so it springs up and smacks him in the face. But at the same time he's dead friendly and will have cuddles :love:

Millys very confident and naughty! She likes your attention if you have treats but otherwise she's happy to go off and do her own thing, but she does let me have little cuddles!

I'm very lucky that both mine are very people tame and have no problems being picked up and handled

chewy - looks very prim and proper, a model image of a little bunny all perfectly formed! but can be very moody and generally only wants fussing on his terms. will grunt and charge at you when playing (tormenting) him lol but after a few lunges and grunts puts his head down for a rub. doesnt like being handled, loves to run round your feet flicking his head about like a loon! terrified of the hoover. loves his gracie :roll:

gracie - opposite of him in every way! very dishevelled and looks abit clumsy (is clumsy!) and pulls some strange facial expressions. very easy to handle and will stop for a fuss pretty much any time any place. very mischievious and not shy of just about anything, loves the hoover and will not budge even when right in her face, just lays in the breeze from it! loves her chewy...even through all the humping :oops:

noticed a few people say their buns 'buzz'....what is this exactly? chewy grunts and lunges when you tease him with a loo roll for example, gracie just tries to ignore you and she never makes any noise apart from purring which they both do.

That sounds just like my girl Bobby. She doesn't mind strokes but only when she fancies it.

Does Rambo (loving the name) follow you around as well?

Nope, far more interested in finding new places to go and things to see when we're all out in the garden.
We're thinking about testing them in the house this summer so that they can be indoor bunnies for next winter, and she's the one I'm really worried about, she's just so interested in everything and smart enough to get round anything.

:wave:

Rosie - Always on the go & very healthy by nature - she's always preferred hay & veg to pellets :D She hates being picked up!! She is definately not a people friendly bunny.
Last summer she decided being in the run was far too boring so dug herself a big hole (more like a trench :shock:) & freed herself. Trying to catch her was a task & a half. Little monkey!! Now the permenant run in on the patio & they can only go on the grass if I'm out there supervising :roll:
Despite her lack of love for people, she is a real character & I love watching her go about her daily life :D

Sophie - Lazy & greedy, hence being on a permenant diet :roll: She took laziness to a new level last summer. When Rosie dug her big escape hole under the run, Sophie just sat in the run munching hay. :roll: She is confident & always 'helping' when I clean them out. The only time she moves quickly is when she sees food :shock:

Nope, far more interested in finding new places to go and things to see when we're all out in the garden.
We're thinking about testing them in the house this summer so that they can be indoor bunnies for next winter, and she's the one I'm really worried about, she's just so interested in everything and smart enough to get round anything.

Bobby will follow you but only for food really, once she knows you have nothing of interest to her, she is off scooting round the sofas and yes chewing anything she can find.. She has actually snapped a part off her carrier :shock:

:wave:

Rosie - Always on the go & very healthy by nature - she's always preferred hay & veg to pellets :D She hates being picked up!! She is definately not a people friendly bunny.
Last summer she decided being in the run was far too boring so dug herself a big hole (more like a trench :shock:) & freed herself. Trying to catch her was a task & a half. Little monkey!! Now the permenant run in on the patio & they can only go on the grass if I'm out there supervising :roll:
Despite her lack of love for people, she is a real character & I love watching her go about her daily life :D

Sophie - Lazy & greedy, hence being on a permenant diet :roll: She took laziness to a new level last summer. When Rosie dug her big escape hole under the run, Sophie just sat in the run munching hay. :roll: She is confident & always 'helping' when I clean them out. The only time she moves quickly is when she sees food :shock:

Sophie hahaha

noticed a few people say their buns 'buzz'....what is this exactly? chewy grunts and lunges when you tease him with a loo roll for example, gracie just tries to ignore you and she never makes any noise apart from purring which they both do.

its a noise they make, i think they somehow push air through the teeth to make a buzzy noise.. Alvin circles and runs about when hes buzzing, dead excited for food or nooky :lol:

Mischa is incredibly friendly, loves everyone, very nosey but not as nosey as Mini. And he's lazy and loves his food, if he was a human he'd be a couch potato. Runs up buzzing whoever enters the room.

Mini is as nosey as Mischa is friendly, also loves her food. Not as lazy as Mischa but still lazy! Will binky a lot outside.

These two are very similar and will eat masses of anything, especially hay and grass.

Nutmeg, well, Nutmeg is a prima donna. There's a reason her nickname is Queen Meg! Always interested in what is going on but not one to come and see what's up. Ears forever off in all directions listening to things.

Smudge, very skittish and shy. Bit of a wallflower. If he hears anything untoward, especially strange voices, he will go hide in the nearest safe place. However, absolutely loves being out in the run even with trains going by and hammering from next door.

Again these two are pretty similar and forever alert but not so fussed by food though do eat lots of hay.

Bloo - A bit of a bulldozer:lol:. If your feeding him, he'll rip the hay bag/food tin from your hands. If you're sweeping, he'll grab the dustpan and brush from you and throw them out of reach! I think he is extremely intelligent, he needs constant stimulation all of the time. Snuggly boy but only when he wants to be.

Tiggy - Less than half the size of Bloo, but definately the boss. She uses her small size to her advantage, getting underneath Bloo to reach all the food he is obliviously sat on. Stealing his food and then hiding in small places. I can never feed her fast enough and get grunted at a lot at breakfast time :lol:. She loves to climb on people but really doesn't like being stroked.

Eevee - My OH house bunny and what a spoilt little madam. She reminds me of Tiggy a lot, but is very very snuggly, loves head rubs and to groom people. Also loves to binky on the bed at 6am every morning, whether you are in it or not. Terrified of laminate flooring :lol:

Twinkle & Star: are alike in that they are both a little bit nervous of strokes and a bit skittish ("where are your hands hoomin? let me see them at all times!") but at the same time really inquisitve to know whether you have brought any treats for them! :lol: Twinkle is more cheeky and will lick your hand, she is first to come over for treats and dinner usually. Star is more laidback and chilled out and sweet-natured.

Starbuck: he's deaf and started off a little bit grumpy when he first came but then became like a little puppy dog, lolloping around and looking to see what is going on all the time. He is uber-cute and uber-trusting and will happily sit to be stroked all day long - as long as you dont try to pick him up! He is a master of the ancient art of begging! He's my gentle little soul.

Muesli: cheeky, cheeky and a bit more cheeky. He likes getting in to all the places he shouldnt (and then weeing there :shock::lol:) and he likes getting your attention, very inquisitive about everything, and LOVES food. I've managed to kiss him on the lips a couple of times but its a bit dangerous as he likes to give a little nip too!

Fay: brave, gentle, inquisitive, sociable, independent and feisty. She is so pretty and she loves digging and playing! She is a very elegant bunny but a little on the voluptuous side (like her mum) so we are both dieting together!

Kenco: he is our little wizard!! He is so happy all the time and bouncy and lively, nothing gets him down, he just loves life and loofah balls and begging for treats. He loves ear rubs and strokes and would have them all day I reckon.

Back