• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just wondering...

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
...what I can do to make Blossoms return home from her spay more peaceful and stress free. I've got to ring up in an hour to get an update, Thumper is there with her to keep her company. Anyone experienced a spay who have a few tips?

Helloo

Hi there, I am just waiting for my bunny to come home too. She was kept overnight yesterday and they are keeping her again today. I know that when I get her home I am going to give her tons of fresh hay, plenty of water (in a bowl as well as bottle as sometimes they can be too weak to deal with the bottle), lots of treats too as its really important they start eating. My bunny has not really eaten since she came round apparently :( so I sent my boyfriend down to the vets with loads of her favourite (dandelion leaves) and she wolved them down apparently. Still have to wait till shes gone to the toilet properly so she can come home though. I would also suggest a towel for her to sleep comfortably on and some peace and quiet. Aswell as TLC of course xx

Hi there, I am just waiting for my bunny to come home too. She was kept overnight yesterday and they are keeping her again today. I know that when I get her home I am going to give her tons of fresh hay, plenty of water (in a bowl as well as bottle as sometimes they can be too weak to deal with the bottle), lots of treats too as its really important they start eating. My bunny has not really eaten since she came round apparently :( so I sent my boyfriend down to the vets with loads of her favourite (dandelion leaves) and she wolved them down apparently. Still have to wait till shes gone to the toilet properly so she can come home though. I would also suggest a towel for her to sleep comfortably on and some peace and quiet. Aswell as TLC of course xx

I've given the vets her fav pellet mix food aswell as some herb/hay and strawberries and grapes which she loves, shes not much of a veg eater though :/ Already sorted a vet bed out for her too which is pretty big. I just hope she's ok.

Our vets don't give any "after op" pain killers for us to take home as a general rule after the initial injection last lasts 24 hours, so I've asked if we can buy some to take with us which we'll be sorting out properly when we go to pick her up. Is it metacam I'm after?

sounds like you are ready for her, hope she is ok. The pain medication name rings a bell but I am not 100% sure. I will be asking for some more when she comes home so I will see what they say. Hope you have her home and recovered soon x

sounds like you are ready for her, hope she is ok. The pain medication name rings a bell but I am not 100% sure. I will be asking for some more when she comes home so I will see what they say. Hope you have her home and recovered soon x

I'll keep you up to date :D

I've given the vets her fav pellet mix food aswell as some herb/hay and strawberries and grapes which she loves, shes not much of a veg eater though :/ Already sorted a vet bed out for her too which is pretty big. I just hope she's ok.

Our vets don't give any "after op" pain killers for us to take home as a general rule after the initial injection last lasts 24 hours, so I've asked if we can buy some to take with us which we'll be sorting out properly when we go to pick her up. Is it metacam I'm after?

for a girl its a MUST to have pain killers post-spay, for at least 2-3 days minimum. I'm quite shocked they dont give it as a rule :? And yes, metacam.

Make sure her space is 'limited' and theres nothing she can jump up on etc to stretch the wound and tear it. Keep an eye on the wound as they can tear it open by grooming it too much.

for a girl its a MUST to have pain killers post-spay, for at least 2-3 days minimum. I'm quite shocked they dont give it as a rule :? And yes, metacam.

Make sure her space is 'limited' and theres nothing she can jump up on etc to stretch the wound and tear it. Keep an eye on the wound as they can tear it open by grooming it too much.

Noted :) Thanks

Back