• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh My God.

kstevens7

Young Bun
Walked back home from the OH's this morning at 6:30 because I just couldn't sleep in his bed. (He sleeps RIGHT in the middle and tosses and turns all night...its impossible to get more than a few hours without waking up). I was exhausted, and ready to come home to my nice, clean bed.

And lo and behold, the rabbits had gotten out by jumping through the gap between the pen and the cover. :roll: This isn't usually a disaster, however, this time, inevitably, was different.

Not only had they peed ALL OVER my lovely clean bed, ensuring that I could sleep no where without being in a puddle, they had also torn a fair portion of wallpaper off my rented flat's walls from where they had been standing on my pillows - the ONLY bit in my room that isn't boarded up. Goodbye damage deposit - the landlord doesn't even know we have rabbits. :?

But WORSE was that they had jumped from the bed onto the desk and chewed through my macbook charger (ARGHHH) AND my phone charger for the second time this month. Not to mention knocked over a dirty plate onto the floor, ransacked my cherries, knocked over and chewed my paintbrushes, and generally destroyed by bedroom. One of them even got a pack of contraceptive pills and chewed the little pill packets. LUCKILY (!) they didn't get any of the actual pills out of the packaging, but did manage to completely crush them up inside.

When you're in a bad mood already, that is just absolutely wonderful to come home to. They are very tired this morning. :evil:

At least they haven't made themselves sick, though. That was my major worry after all the wallpaper they must have ingested. Stupid rabbits.

Firstly - thank goodness that are safe!!!

And secondly :lol::lol::lol::lol: because it's mess i dont have to deal with!!! :lol::lol:

Hope they are ok today! xxx

And the moral of this story is... don't leave them overnight or they will show their disapproval!

BAD BUNNEHS!!

You poor thing.

Is there somewhere you can catch some sleep? Then deal with them.

Someone on here will know what to do about the wallpaper, loads of clever people that will have experienced some norty bundestruction.

No crunchies for them for a while!

xx

you shouldnt lose your deposit if you patch up the wallpaper :wave:

we had to do a lot of patching up in the last house :oops: and once painted over the correct wallpaper and paint colour its impossible to spot unless your looking for it :D

longer you live there too more likely the agents will re wallpaper and paint anyhows when you move out. The one who did the final inspection on our house said as a general rule the redecorate houses every 3 years.

as for the other stuff... youll not be leaving wires out again and you can protect your bed with a duvet that you dont use, Holly had a phase of peeing on my bed :evil: :lol:

sounds like they had a great night tho :lol: :lol:

eta - pics to show how bad it can look then how it looks fixed :D
before
P8170033.jpg

after
P8190035.jpg

before
P8170030.jpg

after
P8190034.jpg

there was loads of places all over that house that had been patched up... upstairs in the bedroom was terrible but looked fine after a day of fixing the day before we moved out :shock:

Last edited:
Aw, thanks guys :)

I got some sleep in the end, forunately. I stripped my bed and slept in a sleeping bag :lol: I am going through the process of washing everything now.

'No crunchies for them for a while!' No indeed. That would have more effect though if they hadn't raided the crunchies AND the raisins on their little excursion. Such bad bunnehs. Looks like they had wild time.

The annoying thing about the wallpaper is that it has ridiculous designs on it - leaves and flowers. It is white, however, so I can cover it up as best I can. Unfortunately I'm only here for a couple more months and have been here less than a year in total - I'm a student move around a lot!

I'll do the best I can with some gesso and hope no one notices. On the plus side, no one came to do an inspection before we moved in so we could feign ignorance!

And no, I won't be leaving wires out again - although I did leave them on the desk even this time. The bunnies just decided to do some acrobatics.

The peeing on the bed is infuriating. They've gotten better and rarely, rarely do it when I'm in the room/house. They know the bed is mine now. However, when I'm away its clearly a free for all!

Thanks for the concern/advice everyone, haha! Now that I've had some sleep and the room is on the road to recovery I'm seeing the funny side. I can't stay mad at their cute little bunneh faces for long. :oops:

For e.g.

IMG_0520.jpg

Last edited:
you know they pee on our beds to tell us they think we are the scum of the earth.... i think leaving them really put you in trouble :lol: :lol: :lol:

you know they pee on our beds to tell us they think we are the scum of the earth.... i think leaving them really put you in trouble :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, so its really a twisted compliment :p They are spiteful little things. Absolutely EXHAUSTED now as well. Grrr. Well, so am I.

Won't be leaving them again without making sure the top of their pen is VERY secure.

Haha, so its really a twisted compliment :p They are spiteful little things.

lol for you maybe, holly just hated me :lol: :lol:

once she even came over to me and pee'd on the floor while glaring at me :cry:

not sure what ive done to be forgiven but she hasnt done a spite wee in ages phewwww

Back