• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello from Kent

vickiemily

Young Bun
hello there everybody:wave: i am Vicki, i live in Kent and have been keeping bunnies and guinea pigs for 18 years now, i currently have seven bunnies : over the past 18 years i have had the pleasure of owning 14 bunnies and 8 guinea pigs, of all colours, breeds , shapes and sizes:D all with their own personalities and characters:love:
my current gang are:
Harry a tan/ginger and white boy who is 2 years old next month, he lives with his little brother Frankie an unusual looking white boy with grey ears/ nose/toes and lovely lilac eyes, they are medium sized crossbreeds we adopted them from the rspca, their mum came in as a stray and they were born at the rescue centre and ae both neutered, Frankie was the smallest in the litter but caught up well, they are both quite quiet, gentle boys, Harry or Boo Boo as i call him is quite lazy and likes to watch the world go by,a bit of a couch potato but he loves a cuddle, i call him a grandad bunny as he likes the easy life at a slow pace he loves his food and is a bit of a porker! he is not impressed at his diet! Frankie or Ickle Frank as he is known to his friends is quite a shy, sensitive boy quirky and likes to do his own thing but very placid and submissive
Freddie: another boy we adopted from the rspca at the same time we adopted harry and frankie, Freddie or Lord Freddie as he likes to be known is a 20 month old white and pale grey/lilac crossbreed boy, he is very fluffy and has very thick silky fur, his lilac markings turn an almost pink shade in summer!he was rescued from living in a house where the owners had too many rabbits and let them all run free and breed, Freddie's middle name is trouble!:roll: he is very funny, cheeky and lives life to the full, he loves to be the centre of attention, is very bold, boisterous and enthusiastic about everything in life, he likes to play with Frankie in the garden and they are good mates,Frankie is the only one who puts up with Freddie's antics bless him and plays very nicely with him, Freddie is a very friendly and loves to have attention all the time, he thinks he is number one bunny and The Boss:lol: Freddie likes to cause havoc and run riot!:roll::lol: and is always making us laugh with his mischief and antics!
Daniel is my 11 month old agouti british giant boy(neutered), he is extremely handsome and knows it, he has huge ears, huge feet and a huge heart of gold, he is just a big teddy bear and very soppy, a real mummy's boy who is a bit of a wuss:lol: he loves coming into the house(none of the others like to!) he enjoys sneaking in when you aren't looking and you find him sitting on the settee or under the table! he is a funny boy who makes such a loud noise when he eats!:lol: he snorts and scoffs! he is just a gentle giant and a real beauty and a total softie cuddle monster
Holly; is Daniel's sister, also 11 months she is a black and white british giant and has the typical British rabbit markings, she is very pretty , and feminine, she is also an independent girl who does what she wants, and is quite confident, she likes to take her treats off and eat them on her own:lol: she is quite a daredevil and likes climbing and jumping around and her nickname is Minnie the Minx or missy moo she can be a bit scatty and mad too when a sudden noise makes her jump
India and Grace: India and Grace are Holly and Freddie' s daughters.They are half giant . They are 4 months old now and very happy sweet little girlies, India is her mum Holly's mini me,she looks just like her but slightly different markings, she is quite shy and timid but very friendly and loves washing her sister and cuddling up to her, Gracie May as i call her is a very dainty, graceful young lady, she is very gentle and lovely, she looks a bit like her daddy and loves cuddles

i also have Ruby, Lily, Scarlett and Sophie my 4 smooth haired rspca rescue guinea pigs they were also born at the rescue as a result of an accidental mating and are sisters they love to eat , eat and eat! they are quite vocal, especially Ruby, who is a red colour is Queen Bee boss pig and very friendly, loud and outgoing, Lily is second in command, an albino girl and the smallest, Sophie is a white girl with dark eyes and quite a tomboy girl, and Scarlett who is ginger/red with a white blaze on her nose is very shy and quiet even though she is the biggest, they are 15months old now

we very sadly lost our most special,beautiful perfect rescue lurcher dog Toby:love::love: in October 2009 aged 14 years, he was the most loved, perfect boy in the world and we miss him terribly, he was my soulmate and will always be loved and remembered each and everyday,:cry::cry:
i have done a bit of fostering lurchers for Southern lurcher rescue and did a bit of the dog fostering last summer which was hard work but very rewarding , we fostered a few dogs before they were rehomed but for now we are concentrating on our small furries

i am sorry for my essay style introduction of epic length!:oops: i have been browsing the forum for sometime now and am amazed at how wonderful it is here and how friendly and helpful everyone seems, i very much look forward to joining in fully now and posting it seems like a great place for bunny enthusiasts and a wonderful place to learn more and get excellent advice
i will post pictures of my lot when i can master it!:oops::roll::lol:
thank you and a very warm hello to you all :wave::D

Last edited:
thank you very much, lovely to finally join and find such a fanastic forum just for bunnies:):) may have trouble getting much else done once i start posting!:roll::lol: ]
yes my lot are quite a funny bunch:lol: , lots of hard work but i wouldn't have it any other way :love::love:
thank you for the warm welcomes :)

:wave: Hello and welcome from another person in Kent (albeit the more London side but Kent none the less!) :D
I've been to Whitstable - lovely down there :)

Hope you enjoy the forum!

wow, thanks for all the lovely welcomes, it is very friendly here :) nice to see so many from Kent, lovely and sunny in Whitstable today :D and the bunnies are all really enjoying the nice weather :D

Hello

Welcome to RU...

If you need any assistance in using the forum please feel free to PM me or any of the buddies who's names show in green.

Sarah
xx

Back