• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've abused my rabbit!

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Poor, poor Pickles. :cry: The doors of his indoor cage were shut (with him running loose) while I made it nice with clean vetbed. He started chewing the bars to get in, so I flicked the slidey things across so the door would fall open and he could hop in. It opened downwards really suddenly as he was still chewing it, and hurt his nose/mouth somehow. He squeaked in shock and ran under my bed, then sat there mouthing and pawing at his face. I think he must have bitten his tounge or something. He nose looks a bit red too. He took ages creeping up to his cage afterwards - he obviously thought it was going to attack him again! But he was really sweet and forgave me for my part in it, he even kissed my nose.

I just feel like the worst bunny mum in the world now though. He's miserable enough without that. :cry:

Aww poor wee guy :( give him a love from me.

Don't blame yourself though, we all make mistakes, and I know he will forgive you!

Bunnys can have daft accidents even if you think you've covered all the possabilities!
Hope he cheers up soon :)

Please don't blame yourself. Accidents can happen to even the best of bunny mummies. The fact that he has forgiven you so quickly proves he knows how much he is loved.

Dont be too hard on yourself, id just finished work one night and went to see my buns, the female came and tried to jump on my bed but went face first into my work boots and ran away. Wasnt my fault but she acted like id done it on purpose ha ha.

Poor, poor Pickles. :cry: The doors of his indoor cage were shut (with him running loose) while I made it nice with clean vetbed. He started chewing the bars to get in, so I flicked the slidey things across so the door would fall open and he could hop in. It opened downwards really suddenly as he was still chewing it, and hurt his nose/mouth somehow. He squeaked in shock and ran under my bed, then sat there mouthing and pawing at his face. I think he must have bitten his tounge or something. He nose looks a bit red too. He took ages creeping up to his cage afterwards - he obviously thought it was going to attack him again! But he was really sweet and forgave me for my part in it, he even kissed my nose.

I just feel like the worst bunny mum in the world now though. He's miserable enough without that. :cry:

lol i did something like this once with scooter scared him by accident and he hurt himself. blamed myself all day and he blamed me too it took a while for him to forgive me after he got hurt by me on accident he thumped and hopped off into his cage to sulk.

i soon made it upto him with his favourite treat though:D

Accidents happen, they always will do, im sure bun will be fine :)

It can't be any worse than kicking Biscuit accidentally :shock:

Thanks for the messages guys! They've made me feel much better.

Pickle is fine in himself today, though his nose is a little red and swollen. I've been giving him special soft food like cucumber and tomato, and a bowl of recovery, just in case his mouth is still sore too.

Just one of those things I suppose. I'll know to be more careful next time.

Last edited:
Accidents happen, they always will do, im sure bun will be fine :)

It can't be any worse than kicking Biscuit accidentally :shock:

thats sort of wat i did was walking next to the two cupboards in my room and he hopped out just as i walked and i kicked him a bit lol he ran off and wouldnt talk to me or even intertain me would look at me at all. :(

thats sort of wat i did was walking next to the two cupboards in my room and he hopped out just as i walked and i kicked him a bit lol he ran off and wouldnt talk to me or even intertain me would look at me at all. :(

I haven't done it to my bunnies but my cat who is now up in heaven :)cry:). She was white and kind of small and unfortunately the same colour as the fridge! we would go to get something out and accidentely trip over her. Thank goodness she was a VERY good forgiver!! :lol:

Back