• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daft question about spring greens

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello
I'm hoping this is a daft question, but I would rather ask a dumb question than get it wrong.

I've just got some spring greens and the edge of the leaves are a sort of purple colour. I've been hunting around for better ones but they all seem to be like it at the moment and I don't want to buy the precut packet stuff or keep putting it off.

Are the leaves ok like this, or should I take off the edges and just give him the green middle bits of the leaf or am I just being slightly mad!

Thank you!

Don't think it's a daft question as I've wondered this myself.:? I don't have this problem as Spenser has gone off spring greens.:roll: It's interesting that you never seem to see the prplish tinge in the cut version of spring greens. Hope someone can give you proper reassurance.

Don't think it's a daft question as I've wondered this myself.:? I don't have this problem as Spenser has gone off spring greens.:roll: It's interesting that you never seem to see the prplish tinge in the cut version of spring greens. Hope someone can give you proper reassurance.

It's strange how the packet stuff always looks so good, I wonder if it's someone's job to cut off the edges! I just don't dare give him the packet stuff after what I've read about the water etc.

Thanks everyone, he's going to have a little late supper now (he did already have food earlier, but I'm sure a little greens instead of a crunchie will be popular enough!). I'm convinced he's having a growth spurt and I had thought he was done growing!

:wave:

They sound nice and fresh, mine love the dark green ones and purple edges are fine :wave:

Nom nom nom nom

IMG_1175.jpg

What problems have you read about bags of spring greens? I couldn't find anything.
sue:wave:
Hi Sue

I think it's something to do with the water they wash them in, some people have had some problems so I prefer to keep use the unprepared ones and wash them myself.

Back