• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olly and Honey bonding update! :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Well we're 9 days in now, everything is going great :eek:) my mum bunnysat on Saturday night as we were at a wedding in the lake district and stayed over. Funnily enough, even though There hadn't been any humping for a few days, they started again in front of my mum, as if to show off almost :? Maybe just because it was a different person feeding/cleaning etc. But they calmed down for her on Sunday, and were fine when we back :) today I had a day's hol from work so I took advantage of it and did a major overhaul of their pen :) it has now been extended to a floor space of 16 NIC cubes, I've given them a box to go in/sit on and a litter tray, and cleaned it all out :) they're sooo much happier!! They love jumping on and off their cardboard box, and going inside it to rip bits off it! And the litter tray is working perfectly too, both are going in it and Honey hasn't done any digging yet! :) she hasn't even been digging up the carpet like she did downstairs, I'm so pleased!
Olly has been a little bit bossy today though, a bit of grunting and circling and mounting attempts, and pushing Honey out of the way a bit. But much less than I expected with all the changes :) all in all it's going swimmingly! Just trying to decide whether, in a few weeks when all is settled, if I should let them be totally free range in the room or still have a pen so shutting them in is an option... Something to think about...

Thats brilliant news! It's so lovely when they finally get on, mine still hump from time to time if something changes, liek when i had to bring them in when Joejoe was poorly, wevery time i went in the kitchen there was just a squirming humping ball of bunny :lol: and now they're back outside they're at it again.

When mine were first bonded they were house buns and i pretty quickly gave them free range of the room but kept one of their cages as a permanently open loo & food base and somewhere to pop them in for 5 minutes while i was hoovering.

Hope it all continues well and looking forward to some piccies of the happy couple :wave:

Back