• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

at what age did you?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
get your female bunnies speyed at? :wave:

ive only ever had one female bunny speyed that being rosie and she wasn;t done until she was a year old

Peanut was 10 months old, she was booked in when she was 9 months old just before Christmas but it got cancelled because of snow and i had to wait another month before I could get any time off work to look after her.

my bunny Sooty was an older bun and was spayed at 9years old. ( she was given to a rescue at that age unspayed so our very rabbit savvy vet successfully did the op)
sue:wave:

Sooty was 6 and Tinkerbell was 1.

I had 2 other females who I never had spayed, didn't even know you could back then!

Flip Flop was 2yrs, Snowy was 6 months and Bobby was done at FF's before he came to me. He was 1 when I brought him home

Nahla is being done on thursday at 10 months old and Cupcake will be done in April, so she'll be about 9 months.:)

Tinkerbell was around 4, 4 1/2 months (Mini lop)
Tilly was spayed at the rescue, approx 1 year old (Dutch)

Tia is 8 months and will hopefully be spayed in the next month or so (Nethie)

All my others came spayed luckily, and i've only had 2 boys done

My rabbit Bugsy was 2 years old when she got spayed, due to the previous owner not bothering and my latest female is 4 months old and is getting spayed next week.

Fizz is the only girl ive had spayed. She was 4. I will only get rescues ready made bunnies from now on. Sally came ready made and saved me the stress and upset :lol:

I have had all 3 of mine done at 6 months, the vets say they will do them as long as they are over 1kg and healthy and they can be done slightly earlier if they are over the 1kg but they like to wait until 6 months.

I think the earlier you can get it done the better (after 6 months obviously) I wouldn't get it done earlier than 6 moths as bun has not had much chance to grow and the op can be more difficult as the uterous etc is a lot smaller.

it not an easy question for me as none of mine came to me as babies, chelsea was done at around 4years then dora about 3yrs arthur was 2.5years sooty(mums rabbit) was done at 9years old, coco done at age 6years, and kitty was done at 6years (via a rescue) in terms of foster bunnies the baby wildie bracken my last foster was done at around 7months we dont know her real age so went by weight,

Back