• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ugh my rabbits hate me! :( oooh sorry it's quite a bit of an essay/rant!!!

zayna1

Warren Scout
So my older bun who is now 9 or 10 months old has never been a very social rabbit. He will happily take food from me, but has never let me pet him, since 2 days after we brought him home. :S (the reason I bought him was because I was tricked into his 'cuddlyness' in the petshop...he was so sweet and affectionate there, but ever since he's been pretty miserable towards me :lol:. My other bun who he lives with was so friendly. I got her at 7 weeks, and she was so loving and affectionate. But ever since my parents decided to put them outside :censored::evil::censored::evil::censored::evil: (from being inside) the older bun seems to have become a lot more skittish, and runs from my hand if I put it in the run, and so does the little one, when she used to come running over for a nose rub! She is now 15 weeks old (going to be spayed soon). I try to spend as much time with them as I can...at least an hour or two a day during school days, and obviously a lot longer during the weekends. However, i've tried louring them to me with treats, talking to them nicely, sitting on the floor reading a book and ignoring them...they do end up walking on my legs and sniffing me etc, but otherwise they ignore me and run around. They do come running over to me when it's food time though :lol:. I know some rabbits are just un-social. But it's sad how my younger bun used to be so affectionate, but is now so scared? She won't let me stroke her or anything anymore! (when she was outside for the first time, (i think it was the other weekend?) she would come running over for nose rubs etc, but gradually she has drifted away :(. They do seem happy in general. They are snuggling and grooming and binkying and playing...but they do have their odd arguments, and now the mini lop bun who was so tiny she could fit through the bars of her cage :shock::shock::shock: has almost outgrown her tubby-ish adult lionhead friend, and now she beats him up :lol: Do you have any suggestions as to how I can show her that i'm still me and that i'm not a threat? I'm slightly worried, because we left a colleague of my dads to look in on them for a couple of days while we weren't home the week before last....and I did show him how to handle them etc, but he said he had to clean out their shed because one of them had diarrhea (i think it was from too much veg) and whilst doing so he had put them into their carriers. So do you think that this must've stressed them out or something? He said they were fine, but I think they must have been shaken by a new huge man taking them out of their home, into a box and left them there while he was scrubbing their floor :lol: then putting them back in again? eeh i dunno, maybe i'm imagining things, but i want my little miss affectionate bundle, and my not-so affectionate mr silly back :(

im not sure about this but could something be scarying them like a fox or cat.?

hopefully someone will reply soon and be of more help than i am srry.

Some bunnies just prefer bunny contact rather than human contact:)

My Cupcake and Benji love snuggles and noserubs, but Nahla prefers to go off and play on her own, and maybe come over for a sniff... but that's it:lol:

Some just like to be watched, not played with:p It's not because they hate you, it's just them:)

You will find that, now they are a couple they will show more :love: to each other than you.:( My two can be abit off with me and my OH. Jacob will let me give nose rubs, but not pick him up. But wont let OH near him, unless he's sleepy. Bella gives us both kisses and lets us pick her up but wont stay around for even a minute. It's not you:) It is just your bun's. Keep doing what your doing. Give them treats if they come to you. Ask them if they want a nose rub and if they say yes. rub there nose, dont try anything else, then give them a treat. See how that goes. By the way (if you dont know)

To ask a Bun if they want a Nose rub, Put your hand flat infront of the bun. If she puts her head down towards you, she does:) Good luck:wave:

To ask a Bun if they want a Nose rub, Put your hand flat infront of the bun. If she puts her head down towards you, she does:) Good luck:wave:

OOOH i didn't know that!! :D thanks! I've been trying to pet them like you would a cat (too used to my felix :lol:) Brilliant im going to try it as soon as I can be bothered to get off my butt and into the garden XD :lol:

im not sure about this but could something be scarying them like a fox or cat.?

hopefully someone will reply soon and be of more help than i am srry.

:shock: We do have a lot of cats in our area at night I never considered that though, because they aren't scared of my cat..:shock:and we also have foxes!! They're in a shed at night though, but have access to both shed and run during the day when no one is home :shock:.

:shock: We do have a lot of cats in our area at night I never considered that though, because they aren't scared of my cat..:shock:and we also have foxes!! They're in a shed at night though, but have access to both shed and run during the day when no one is home :shock:.

they might be able to smell them. there probs scared of the fox more than a cat if there use to urs. theres not much u can do but make sure there locked up safe everynight.

Back