• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i thought a rescues were full to the brim

bambi2906

Warren Scout
:wave:
browsing through the free ads and came across an advert, someone asking for female rabbits for their rabbit rescue so they have a mixture of male and females they will pay or prefer free to good home :?

no point to thread just thought it was weird

does sound weird

I know if sometimes Rescues are male/female heavy, they will swap with other trusted Rescues, but I doubt they'd pay

Very strange requst from a rescue, but I'd be wary as some of the ads offering free homes to small furries actually use the animals as live snake food:evil::evil:

Can't imagine that is a proper rescue.

Sadly there are some people who proport to be rescues when in fact they sell rabbits on or even worse breed from the rabbits that come in.

yea i thought about wanted free food.
Im not giving my rabbits away btw i was looking to place a ad on the site for some fruit branches and noticed how weird it was
realy hope no one replies to him but there is always rabbits on there in my area and if hell pay then i dread to think what will happen to them:(

I hope it's not a dodgy one :? I have heard about these sorts of things going on before though. I know all of us here would know better but there will be some people out there that give their rabbits to these so called rescues thinking that they will go to loving homes and who knows what happens to them :( Let's hope that there is a legitimate reason for the ad.

Sounds v. suspicious. Rescues really don't need to go looking for rabbits! Maybe they want them to breed from, so the kits become snake food?

what they mean is im a breeder give me your free rabbits so they can have a life of hell:(

ok not always the case but alot of the time it is..

I keep reptiles too....the thought of feeding live food makes me feel ill:evil:

there certainly are some sick :censored: out there....

I did a search for rabbit rescues in and around my area and came across a GumTree ad with someone saying they are a small rescue

Quote "i have got a back garden full of cages but i have only got very very few rabbits and i have got some people asking for rabbits and i need some more to have vet checked by myself and then can be rehomed"

Very suspect I think. :(:(:(

I did a search for rabbit rescues in and around my area and came across a GumTree ad with someone saying they are a small rescue

Quote "i have got a back garden full of cages but i have only got very very few rabbits and i have got some people asking for rabbits and i need some more to have vet checked by myself and then can be rehomed"

Very suspect I think. :(:(:(

yeah i live in the same area and saw that one the other week. but this ad was just weird. ive never known of a proper rescue saying they will pay for an animal as there is so many full to the brim. may email and say im interested in rescuing a male to see if he gives any details.
im just worried about the poor bunnies who owners just want 'rid' of their pets and dnt care where they end up :(

:wave:
browsing through the free ads and came across an advert, someone asking for female rabbits for their rabbit rescue so they have a mixture of male and females they will pay or prefer free to good home :?

Just checked back and realised they are the same advertiser a few weeks apart. Got to be a backyard breeder :(

Just checked back and realised they are the same advertiser a few weeks apart. Got to be a backyard breeder :(

yea it is just checked back and he calls himself ryan rabbit rescue when i googed that it came up with a ru page
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273413
not sure if allowed to link it but if not just let me no n ill edit it out

eta hes a breeder he has a ad on another free ads site advertising easter bunnies he has for sale :(

Last edited:
yea i think he has.
i found pics of his set up and if their real i surprised even though im thinking something doesnt add up hes advertsing is strange to say the least however his pic look clean and like their well cared for :?

Can't see pics but googled the name and there's entries on Preloved. Same sort of grammar.

He is saying he's rescued the buns and is only asking for £5 and that people should pick them up.

So maybe he is trying to do right by the buns, but is misguided without home checks etc.

Still seems odd that he's willing to pay £20 to rescue the bun.

Back