• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

quick hay question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow05

Mama Doe
now i know it is very bad that i dont have any hay and i do feel bad that i didnt notice sooner but plz dont have a go at me ive already been told off. i have learnt my lesson never leave a bunny with out hay.

So my question is could i use grass from outside instead from my garden. i know wat ur thinking doesnt she have a dog well yes but on thsi particular part of the garden she doesnt go on at all and never has. i was wondering because i dont have any hay would grass from this part of the garden be okay as a substitute.

You would have to introduce grass slowly if he hasnt had it before to make sure you dont upset his tummy, but otherwise it should be ok?
Though the spring grass is now coming through and is much more richer? So be careful with the amount...

I dont know why you havent got any hay... but are you able to get some tomorrow? :) Or you could quickly pop to a supermarket and pick up some of their hay as emergency hay?

I hope it doesnt upset him to much :wave:

Has Scooter eaten grass before? If not it needs to be gradually introduced, tiny bits first then slowly, gradually increase the amounts he is given if he is fine with it. Especially at this time of year the grass will be rich because of the beginging of Spring so be very careful, don't give him a lot, it needs to be gradually introduced. Obviously try to get hay as soon as you can :)

im going to ask bf to bring some tmmorow if not ill ask my favourite teacher tmmorow if i can nick a bit.

i have honestly just forgotten about it the last time i put some in was last friday but i put a load in and it was there until yesterday but i was really busy and hadnt notice.

thankfully he has had grass before shall i give him just a hand full. i am hoping that i will get him some tmmorow if i cant ill nick some when teachers at college isnt looking. :lol:

to make it worse i dont get any money until friday and my mom will have no money until tmmorow but im at college. so by time i get it, it will be 6 already so ill have to by the stuff he doesnt like unfortunately cause the shop i buy it from isnt open. :(

Do it if very grually if you deicide to because if you introduce it to quickly you could give them a bit of a tummy ache and maybe dihorea( sorry to say this) but it is true because when my bunny had some grass accidently he had a bit of a poorly belly. It is all better now though

im going to ask bf to bring some tmmorow if not ill ask my favourite teacher tmmorow if i can nick a bit.

i have honestly just forgotten about it the last time i put some in was last friday but i put a load in and it was there until yesterday but i was really busy and hadnt notice.

thankfully he has had grass before shall i give him just a hand full. i am hoping that i will get him some tmmorow if i cant ill nick some when teachers at college isnt looking. :lol:

But, as you know, you really should be giving him fresh hay every day (most people are topping up several times a day).
I'm also confused as you say you haven't got any money to buy him hay, yet in another thread didn't you say you were considering getting a second rabbit?
Do you have any friends near you who could let you 'borrow' some hay tonight?

now i know it is very bad that i dont have any hay and i do feel bad that i didnt notice sooner but plz dont have a go at me ive already been told off. i have learnt my lesson never leave a bunny with out hay.

So my question is could i use grass from outside instead from my garden. i know wat ur thinking doesnt she have a dog well yes but on thsi particular part of the garden she doesnt go on at all and never has. i was wondering because i dont have any hay would grass from this part of the garden be okay as a substitute.

i thought your dog had full garden as you dont walk it?
:?

P.S why cant you use hay and leave the grass out?

But, as you know, you really should be giving him fresh hay every day (most people are topping up several times a day).
I'm also confused as you say you haven't got any money to buy him hay, yet in another thread didn't you say you were considering getting a second rabbit?
Do you have any friends near you who could let you 'borrow' some hay tonight?

unfortunately no and i never got that rabbit. really wanted to but was told no by my mom.

unfortunately i cant borrow any from a friend as non of them live around here. :(

i thought your dog had full garden as you dont walk it?
:?

P.S why cant you use hay and leave the grass out?

she does the back garden is huge its just when u put both together its even bigger lol. plus the gate has fallen of trying to get it fixed at the moment.

I wouldn't feed a Rabbit grass when they are not used to it. I also wouldn't give grass that a dog has been on.

I realise that i don't fully know your financial situation, but is there not someone you could borrow a couple of pound from and get hay from the supermarket?

I also find it hard to believe that you can forget to give a Rabbit hay.

I buy 4 bags a time and when i am about to open the last one, i go out and buy another 4 bags but some people buy a bag each time they use a bag, so there are always some bags in reserve.

Ideally, hay should be given a few times a day and an unlimited supply is needed.

Maybe you should go into college a bit later, once you have managed to get hay??

:? how can you realise you havent given scooter hay... i dont quite understand this. i have to top mine up twice daily if not three times.
one minute you are getting another bun, then moving out but now cant afford hay..... :?

I buy 4 bags a time and when i am about to open the last one, i go out and buy another 4 bags but some people buy a bag each time they use a bag, so there are always some bags in reserve.

Ideally, hay should be given a few times a day and an unlimited supply is needed.

Maybe you should go into college a bit later, once you have managed to get hay??

i would if i wasnt bond by my ema.
if i dont go i dont get paid and at the moment i really need to go no matter how much i dont want to ive got a rabbit and hamster to support not to mention people to pay back and also my bus pass to sort out soon.

unfortunately no and i never got that rabbit. really wanted to but was told no by my mom.unfortunately i cant borrow any from a friend as non of them live around here. :(

Perhaps that's just as well as it sounds as though you would struggle to be able to afford another rabbit. Much better to give one rabbit everything it needs than to have two and not be able to afford them (not just food, the extra costs of neutering, vaccinations etc, as well as vet bills in case of illness).

:? how can you realise you havent given scooter hay... i dont quite understand this. i have to top mine up twice daily if not three times.
one minute you are getting another bun, then moving out but now cant afford hay..... :?

im not moving out i want to but cant so im stuck here. ive not had any more for the past week due to the half term we had off. should get paid this week though but i can only spend 10 pound of tht.

as for the hay scooter doesnt really eat much of his hay when i do top him back up i give him half a bag full it normally takes 3 to 4 days to go down fully there is normally a bit left and then i top up again. but the way half a bag full is quite a lot for him its likely giving him four times the daily amount. i do this so that he has a constant supply and i dont have to constantly remeber to do it everyday ive got a terrible memory.

Perhaps that's just as well as it sounds as though you would struggle to be able to afford another rabbit. Much better to give one rabbit everything it needs than to have two and not be able to afford them (not just food, the extra costs of neutering, vaccinations etc, as well as vet bills in case of illness).

i think i could manage if i was a bit more sensible with my money i have no restraint half the time.:oops:.

im slowly learning though.

as for vaccs scooters not been done yet i still have yet to get that done. i have that many things on my mind somethings just get forgotten.:oops::(

i think i could manage if i was a bit more sensible with my money i have no restraint half the time.:oops:.

im slowly learning though.

as for vaccs scooters not been done yet i still have yet to get that done. i have that many things on my mind somethings just get forgotten.:oops::(

please dont get another bun.... not yet anyway.... you havent vaccinated scooter, you've now run out of hay.... cant you just enjoy having him and getting to know him. that way it will give you time to learn to budget.
i know you are trying to do the best for scooter :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back