• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah & Teddy's abscesses U/D p86 doing well & feeling positive

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Why does everything come in threes? :?

Sadly Noah's ear abscess has come back :cry: He has been relatively well since his op just after Christmas, but a lump has appeared back where he had his ear abscess removed for the 2nd time :cry: He is going in on Wednesday for his 3rd op to hopefully try to remove it once & for all - although our vet is very guarded about what the outcome will be. After lengthy discussions with our vet tonight, we have decided that this will be Noah's last op on his ear - if it comes back again, we feel we need to be fair & not put him through another op :cry::cry:

Teddy's jaw abscess has returned & we have been advised not to re-operate on him :cry: Teddy has oesteomylitis & the infection in his jaw bone was so bad when he had his op last September, that they removed a large part of his mandible. There's basically nothing of the bone left that they can remove :cry: We basically have to give Teddy pallative care to try to keep the abscess under control - he's currently on daily Zithromax & metacam to try to shrink it, although he's been on it 5 days now & it's actually got bigger :cry: Teddy is still very well in himself & eating like a horse, but things are obviously not good for him in the long term :cry::cry:

Finally Arthur is going in for a dental on Wednesday :cry: It's only about 8 weeks since his last full dental - but his mouth is such a mess, he needs another one. He's basically got a mouth full of old buns teeth - very few molars at the back & where he has molar's on the top or the bottom, he has nothing opposite to wear them down :cry::cry:

I'm feeling a bit gutted tonight :cry: If anyone can spare vibes for our bunsters, we'd really appreciate it please.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Denise. :(
Sending lots of vibes for Noah, Teddy and Arthur xxx
They're so lucky to have you as their mummy.

Lota of vibes for all your gorgeous bunsters, especially Noah who we definately dont see enough pictures of!

Awe I'm so sorry to hear this news :( big (((hugs))) for you! I have a soft spot for big cuddly Noah I can't believe the abscess has come back again :cry: sending lots of vibes for your poorly bunnies!

Oh crikey, I am so sorry Denise, you really are going through it, sending masses and masses of vibes and (((hugs))) to you

Really pray that everything goes well x

Thanks so much guys - guess we have to see what Wednesday brings. I think it's going to be a very long day at work :(

Golly you are going through it with your bunnies at the moment :(

Sending lots of vibes for all three of them and a prescription for a large glass of wine for you.x

Back