• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I broach the subject ...

molly35

Mama Doe
I picked my son up from school earlier and they are having a book sale to raise funds but they also had some bird houses and a rabbit hutch for sale. I could have cried the rabbit hutch was 2ft long if that, fab as a hidey for in a run but a hutch.

So how do I broach the subject with the school - do I write a letter or do I just speak to my sons teacher about it?

I would say something to your sons teacher, possibly bringing some information about RWA recommendations, possibly to the school head too. It may have been donated so it may be a tricky one to stop

I would politely talk with the head teacher (or whoever organised it), and maybe send them a letter too. Just to make them aware that that isn't even the minimum RSPCA standard for a bun (or Guinea?)

I would have a word with your son's teacher first, explaining your concerns and requesting that the hutch be clearly marked and sold as a shelter, not as permanent accomodation & see what sort of reaction you get.

If it seems to fall on deaf ears, then I would try speaking to whoever is in charge of the sale (is it the PTA or one of the teachers?) and, if need be, back up your concerns with info from the RSPCA and RWAF regarding hutch sizes.

I would say something to your sons teacher, possibly bringing some information about RWA recommendations, possibly to the school head too. It may have been donated so it may be a tricky one to stop

Yes I think it has been donated and I don't want to seem a pain but honestly its been playing on my mind all night.....

Back