• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smartie's poor face :( all my fault :'(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Smartie was in the run outside as normal, as its his day in the run!

and I must of not shut rolo's hutch properly and went out to find Rolo hopping around the garden!

and Smartie still in the run but his poor face coverd in blood! dosn't look to bad on the pics its all cut underneath his lip to!

199280_1946659544808_1192116864_2378440_11334_n.jpg

this was after I cleaned it up! It's all swollen! :( feel so guilty!! if only i had double checked his hutch was shut :( and now Smartie has paid the price!! :(:(

I'd get him straight to the vet - he may need abx to ensure no infection takes home and stitches.

Don't blame yourself, accidents happen.

Def metacam case as the swelling will be painful and as its near his mouth may affect him eating. So off to the vets!

I'd get him straight to the vet - he may need abx to ensure no infection takes home and stitches.

I expect it hurts quite a bit too, so some pain killers might be in order too... Sending lots of vibes xx

my mum took at look at it shes a 'human' nurse, said it only like minor like grazes, she washed it with salt water litrally straight after it happend x

my mum took at look at it shes a 'human' nurse, said it only like minor like grazes, she washed it with salt water litrally straight after it happend x

Sorry, dont mean to be mean, but shes not a vet.

Rabbits hide pain immensely well and you need to make sure he gets what he needs.

Oh silly bunnehs, I hope she gets better soon :)

lol he seems completly fine, 30secs after being bought back inside he was trying to mount the cat aha defo no change in him lol, gona see how he is tomoz as to whether he needs the vets, but ive had rabbits with worse cuts and they've been fine :) x

lol he seems completly fine, 30secs after being bought back inside he was trying to mount the cat aha defo no change in him lol, gona see how he is tomoz as to whether he needs the vets, but ive had rabbits with worse cuts and they've been fine :) x

just keep a close eye. I have heard that buns can be very prone to infection, :)

not intirly sure!! as one was in the run and one was out of it :/ so guess they met each other through the small gaps ! x

Same thing happened to me with Bungle and Snowdrop. Snow was free ranging and Bungle was in his pen. She bit his nose through the bars of the pen and he had to have 2 operations on it to repair it. He now has a deformity as his nose cant drain properly so he has a constant runny nose!

I would get him off to the vet as this happened to one of my buns Spike & even though we got him to the vet he still ended up loosing part of his lips :( & had to have 2 ops to fix his face :(, which then led to teeth probs as he could only eat to one side :(

he is now known a scarface :oops:

*scroll past this is you are squeemish*

I'm not gonna put the first few pics as they are quite graphic but this is him healing & what happened to his teeth
SAM_2149.jpg

this one shows his teeth
SAM_2153.jpg

all healed & teeth sorted
SAM_2833.jpg

I would get him off to the vet as this happened to one of my buns Spike & even though we got him to the vet he still ended up loosing part of his lips :( & had to have 2 ops to fix his face :(, which then led to teeth probs as he could only eat to one side :(

he is now known a scarface :oops:

*scroll past this is you are squeemish*

I'm not gonna put the first few pics as they are quite graphic but this is him healing & what happened to his teeth
SAM_2149.jpg

this one shows his teeth
SAM_2153.jpg

all healed & teeth sorted
SAM_2833.jpg

ouch poor bunny!! smarties is nothing like that tho :/ its a scratch compared to that! will keep an eye on him, and see about taking him to the vets tomoz if its no better x

ouch poor bunny!! smarties is nothing like that tho :/ its a scratch compared to that! will keep an eye on him, and see about taking him to the vets tomoz if its no better x

ahh :), just his started off very much like smarties, but he then rubbed it on the bars & made it worse leading to this :(,

hope he feels better soon :love:

looks like it might be a trip to the vets tomorrow!! he has abit of a runny nose, all the cuts have scrabbed over tho, but it's still swollen! just wot i need when im saving my pennies to get them all done!

this is not good for bonding! i really think Rolo is going to end up on his own!!

Awww poor little thing, I'd go with your instincts but, as it's around the mouth area I'd definately keep a close eye on it as it is likely to come into contact with bacteria, I'd probably do the saline rinse for a couple of days assuming he shows no other signs of being 'off colour' or anything, good luck, we live and learn, I've had my rabbits bite the bars and have been lucky no noses were nipped. :wave:

Back