• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just planted some herbs :)

benkat

Warren Scout
:wave: As the weather is gorgeous today, I've planted some herb seeds.
Usually I buy seedlings & pot them, but I decided to attempt growing some from scratch this year.

I've planted basil, coriander, thyme, flat leaf parsley & mint.

I also bought camomile & lavender plants, so they have gone straight into my terracotta pots. My mint from last year has survived the winter :shock: & is growing again too :D

Does anyone else have experience of growing bunny herbs from scratch? Just wondering what my chances of success are...:lol:

I bought some seeds online for a rabbit mix and planted them last friday in takeaway tubs :lol: I've seen the first shoots coming through today, yay! That's about as far as I've gotten so far...

Good luck with your herbs :wave:

I bought some seeds online for a rabbit mix and planted them last friday in takeaway tubs :lol: I've seen the first shoots coming through today, yay! That's about as far as I've gotten so far...

Good luck with your herbs :wave:

if you posted that on here when you ordered them.. i copied you! :oops:

not been delivered yet but can't wait, going to plant some herbs as well. :)
sadly very excited!!

if you posted that on here when you ordered them.. i copied you! :oops:

not been delivered yet but can't wait, going to plant some herbs as well. :)
sadly very excited!!

:lol::lol: Yeah, the ones from shell warrior? It's so exciting, I've been checking them every day :oops:

You're not hijacking the thread :lol: Feel free to ask away - when it comes to growing things I'm as clueless as they come :roll:

All I know is that I got some seedling trays, put compost in them, added a few seeds, covered the seeds with a bit more compost & watered them. Now keeping fingers crossed.

Does anyone know when I should start seeing some signs of life?? I'm so impatient!!!!

You're not hijacking the thread :lol: Feel free to ask away - when it comes to growing things I'm as clueless as they come :roll:

All I know is that I got some seedling trays, put compost in them, added a few seeds, covered the seeds with a bit more compost & watered them. Now keeping fingers crossed.

Does anyone know when I should start seeing some signs of life?? I'm so impatient!!!!

yes it was shell warrior. :)

i'm putting mine in tubs outside. i reckon you should see shoots in about 10 day or so. i suppose some will grow faster and thicker than others.
with herbs i'm told corriander is a slow grower and once picked doesn't come back too well.
basil and mint are spreaders! :D

ive never tried it, but the herbs i bought already growing in supermarkets never seem to live long :oops:

weve spotted some apple trees in morrisons at 5 quid a tree ill be going to get some end of this month.. want some rose bushes too.. now i have a garden whoooooop :lol:

yes it was shell warrior. :)

i'm putting mine in tubs outside. i reckon you should see shoots in about 10 day or so. i suppose some will grow faster and thicker than others.
with herbs i'm told corriander is a slow grower and once picked doesn't come back too well.
basil and mint are spreaders! :D

I hope your calling ME Shell warrior because I like it, makes me feel like Xena :lol:

We have a whole veg garden to play with this year!

Had great success growing rocket, spinach and chard last summer and the bunnies loved it, so we have created a raised bed to grow even more stuff.

I already have a row of salad seedlings coming through.

I love having herbs in the garden, but I'm really bad at actually using them :oops:. Rosemary, thyme and bay are what I use the most along with coriander in curries.

That sounds lovely. I've contemplated having a raised bed for growing veg myself, but thought I'd try out the herbs first to see if I have any success :lol:

I wonder which seeds will sprout first... Coriander? Mint? Basil? Parsley? Thyme? :)

Ive never even thought about growing herbs for Joey. I was quite shocked when he demolished one of my herb plants last year, cant remember which one it was, i walked outside and he was sat there with his paws on the plant pot nibbling away :lol:

Which ones do your bunnies prefer? I may take a trip to the garden centre tomorrow :D

Coriander, Flat leaf parsley, Mint & Basil are the favourites, but they love dill too - I just couldn't get any seeds at the time, so I got some thyme seeds instead.

I've also potted some camomile plants - they haven't had fresh camomile before but they like it dried :)

Brilliant thank you!! My house is going to end up looking like an indoor garden, im already growing sunflowers and some other plants :lol:

Back