• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet beds for chewy rabbits -UD Vetbed on offer to a rescue if you would like it!

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
I ordered a large vetbed from the hay experts last week but it's not what i expected - my fault not theirs- i thought it was a smooth surface (i think it was the bit in the descriptions about the seams being double stitched that threw me) but it's actually quite "cotton-woolly" - now Joejoes a chewer and eats all sorts that he shouldn't so i'm a bit wary of putting it in there now.

Has anyone else with chewy bunnies had any problems with vet beds or do they tend to leave them alone?

Last edited:
What is a vet bed made of exactly? It might get chewed up only to have to be replaced...not sure about the safety of this but, since all rabbits chew, perhaps a grass mat would be better?

It's like this tufty looking stuff, it looks really comfy i'm just thinking if Joejoe takes a mouthful of it it could block him up :( it's supposed to be safe for buns, but mine does seem to eat anything so he could be the exception...

I've tried a grass mat - put it in one evening about 8pm and by breakfast time the next morning there was a little square left - and it was one of the jumbo sized mats :evil::lol::lol:

I would never give vet bed to a chewer, isn't worth the risk

Right, what a shame though it looks sooo cosy but its not worth the risk like you say.

So - is there a rescue who would like a 24inch oval vet bed in pink? I've taken it out of the packet but it's not been near the buns so brand new. Let me know and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow :wave:

Right, what a shame though it looks sooo cosy but its not worth the risk like you say.

So - is there a rescue who would like a 24inch oval vet bed in pink? I've taken it out of the packet but it's not been near the buns so brand new. Let me know and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow :wave:

Oooh, Alice at Windwhistle would love this! She doesnt have many vet beds but does often have rexes etc. I can PM you her address (but you'll need to put a note in to explain where its from!)

Oooh, Alice at Windwhistle would love this! She doesnt have many vet beds but does often have rexes etc. I can PM you her address (but you'll need to put a note in to explain where its from!)

Yes please, send me a PM and i'll send it with an explanatory note :)

Back