• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends at last....No, IT IS LOVE!!! 26.3.2011 6.50 PM

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Day 1 of Estelle and Frankie being at home together.

It is not quite the match made in heaven that I had hoped for.........................yet! I know that it is very, very early days. I had forgotten just how stressful this can be for all parties concerned.

A bit of chasing, nipping then peace and quiet. So far this morning this has happened four times. Estelle is now sunning herself in a litter tray on the decking. Frankie is sitting in the conservatory fast asleep in the warm. Both can come in and out as they please.

No mutual grooming seen as yet. I think that they are having a settling in period. Even for experienced bunny owners, it is not the most enjoyable time.

Thankfully it is not all out war!!!!!!!!!!

I am fortunate to be at home all day doing paperwork in the conservatory.

Both eating, drinking, pooing, peeing okay.

Right back to the paperwork. Yuk.

Last edited:
aaah well at least they not fighting....time will tell...Im sure they will fall in love...they just have too!:lol::love:

Hope it starts to go well...and youre not too stressed out....at least its sunny today!;)

What a stressful day!!!

A truce has been called here. Early days I know.

Have had water sprayer on hand.

Not love at first sight but, I think we will get there.

I feel absolutely shattered.

Estelle has really become quite a Madam. Such a change to the rabbit I adopted almost two years ago.

My kitchen is now being as the neutral zone. Just had a Sainsbury's delivery, and trying to manouevre around the litter trays, water bowls etc is quite a feat.

They have groomed each other for a second or two and then wandered off.

Heading in the right direction................slowly.

I think a takeaway for tea would be in order.

How do people cope with the stress of this on a regular basis!!!! Perhaps practice makes perfect, so to speak.

Thank goodness my OH works away in the week.

Well, I had best try to unpack my shopping with the help of two not entirely impressed bunnies!!!

Ooh! Is this Frankie from Windwhistle by any chance? If it is then yay :love::love: He deserves a new home bless him! I'm quite fond of him :)

Best of luck with bonding!

Ooh! Is this Frankie from Windwhistle by any chance? If it is then yay :love::love: He deserves a new home bless him! I'm quite fond of him :)

Best of luck with bonding!

Yep.....that's the little fella.

Patience is usually my strong point but,.....................................I just want them to cuddle up together and fall in love.

Perhaps they need to go to the pictures, have a meal out, stay in and watch a dvd and eat pizza!!!!!!!

Patience is usually my strong point but,.....................................I just want them to cuddle up together and fall in love.

Perhaps they need to go to the pictures, have a meal out, stay in and watch a dvd and eat pizza!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you need to play some Marvin Gaye loudly into the conservatory and leave them to it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you need to play some Marvin Gaye loudly into the conservatory and leave them to it.

Just seen the clip you gave me for Marvin Gaye.

What are you doing................................not worried about the bunnies. What about me!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a funny time in my life. I should be sitting down with a large glass of wine when such.................naughtiness is being displayed in front of me.

If my OH was here, I might be tempted to take off my bed socks, take out my curlers and get fruity tonight.

Sorry I digress. Thank you for some much needed relief.

As I have put in another post, I will be glad when I can stop wearing my shoulders as earrings!!!

I think that is a brilliant idea, why don't more people do this when bonding? You could have whole rabbit cinemas serving fenugreek crunchies :lol::lol:

Hope it all goes well :wave:

Been working late, so just catching up on this ... sounds rather stressful. I'm not a wine person, but I would definitely be taking my tea very strong. I might even leave the bag in the mug. I hope they have made some more progress by this time.

Sssssssshhhhh. Both Estelle and Frankie are making progress.

Both in my kitchen with their litter trays, bowls, toys etc.

I have caught each of them gently grooming each other. Not simultaneously though and for no great length of time.

This is a postive move in the right direction.

Both are now fast asleep in different litter trays.

Feeling brighter myself now. Fingers crossed they will become the best of friends.

Thursday morning, 11.55am.

Ssssssshhhhh, no loud noises or sudden movements.
I think we are getting there. Whisper, whisper.

Frankie is so adorable. He is clean, easy to pick up and loves a cuddle. Just a perfect little fella. He just wants to please. Never had a bunny quite like this before.

Estelle is also adorable but, she is being the more difficult out of the two. Even being spayed, she is very, very territorial. Equally beautiful but, in her own funny way.

We are heading in the right direction, just keep on wandering off the main road occasionally. Down a few bumpy tracks.............

Great for losing weight..............me that is!!

Thursday morning, 11.55am.

Ssssssshhhhh, no loud noises or sudden movements.
I think we are getting there. Whisper, whisper.

Frankie is so adorable. He is clean, easy to pick up and loves a cuddle. Just a perfect little fella. He just wants to please. Never had a bunny quite like this before.

Estelle is also adorable but, she is being the more difficult out of the two. Even being spayed, she is very, very territorial. Equally beautiful but, in her own funny way.

We are heading in the right direction, just keep on wandering off the main road occasionally. Down a few bumpy tracks.............

Great for losing weight..............me that is!!

*whispers* Yay :) Frankie sounds like the perfect bun, I'm glad you have taken to his so easily :) Estelle sounds like she is coming round to him too.

Are you feeling better today? xx

Back