• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

caught bunny claw =

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Me covered in blood, cornflour and fur !!

Jose had caught her claw on a nic grid so I plonked her on my lap on a towel but that didn't stop the bleeding so Adam put a pile of cornflour in my lap and I sat her in it until the bleeding stopped :D

Shes absolutely fine :D she sat in my lap tooth purring as I stroked her :love:

As soon as I put her down on the floor she cleaned her foot and then hopped straight in the litter tray to nom on some hay :love:

I now just need to finish cleaning the blood off everything :roll:

Ouch hope you don't feel too bad- i remember doing this a few times- really upset me. Hope you and bunny are okay xxx

Oh no! What kind of NIC grid was it? I can't see that happening with the wide mesh ones I have from B&Q but I've always been worried about the fine mesh ones from Wickes?

Mine have never caught them on NIC grids but Mischa has on a duvet cover before :roll: I usually put some flour in a dish and dip the whole paw in. :thumb:

It was one of the fine grid ones, something spooked her and she bolted and got it caught

We're both fine though thanks guys :) peaches has pulled her claws before so I didn't panic too much this time - it helped that Jose is more cooperative than peaches too! She was happy to sit still and have nose rubs :love:

I did voice my concerns about those fine mesh ones on another thread when discussing where to get the NIC panels from as I was worried about claws getting caught in them. It's very annoying that B&Q have stopped selling theirs as these were much better :( I hope she is ok now? It maybe worth seeing if you can get different ones, they sell them online at Display Sense but they are more expensive, maybe you can get these for the parts they can reach and just use the fine mesh for higher up and the lid? I also managed to find some more wide mesh ones on Freecycle so maybe worth asking on there.

I did voice my concerns about those fine mesh ones on another thread when discussing where to get the NIC panels from as I was worried about claws getting caught in them. It's very annoying that B&Q have stopped selling theirs as these were much better :( I hope she is ok now? It maybe worth seeing if you can get different ones, they sell them online at Display Sense but they are more expensive, maybe you can get these for the parts they can reach and just use the fine mesh for higher up and the lid? I also managed to find some more wide mesh ones on Freecycle so maybe worth asking on there.

I've got plenty of the bigger grid ones, but they'll be able to chew my skirting boards through them :roll:

I've got plenty of the bigger grid ones, but they'll be able to chew my skirting boards through them :roll:

Hmmm, tricky. Is there anything else you could try to cover your skirting boards? Maybe some clear perspex or some kind of white PVC strips that you can stick over the top that will look more discreet? I had some clear correx left over from making my cage and I've used this in a similar way.

Back