• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a young bonded pair of rabbits (North West)

Fudgeley

Young Bun
Hi everyone.It has been a while since I have been on here.We lost our lovely Toffee 18 months ago to EC and then in October her lifepartner Snowy was PTS with a tumour.

We are now ready to give a loving home to a new bonded pair.I have never gone down the rescue route before .Our first bunnies were bought form a pet shop before we knew better....:?:?:?

Can anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction? The rabbits will be outside buns with an outside hutch and exercise run and will have a little girl to shower them with love every day! She was heartbroken when she lost Snowy and has asked every week when she can get some new friends.....

Any help or advice welcome!:wave::wave::wave:

Check out the rabbits in need section here or the rabbits rehome website, so many beautiful buns looking for homes. I hope you find the right ones :wave:

Have a look at Wirral RSPCA - there is a link in my siggy. Warrington RSPCA also have buns. There are a lot of rabbit at Tameside rabbit rescue too - I have listed some in the in need section today :D

Welcome to RU by the way

Can I ask what the general procedure is for rehoming.Do the rescues do home visits etc? do we get checked by a specific rescue and then wait for the right buns or do it the other way round? Just trying to get it all sorted in my mind.....

Can I ask what the general procedure is for rehoming.Do the rescues do home visits etc? do we get checked by a specific rescue and then wait for the right buns or do it the other way round? Just trying to get it all sorted in my mind.....

Think it depends on each individual rescue, you will have to get in touch to find out

It varies between rescues. RSPCA you would go in and choose your buns. You then fill out a form and wait for a phone call from a homechecker. They will come and see you to do the home visit and assuming everything goes well you can pick your buns up as soon as you and they are ready.

Have you seen any buns you like?

these two are a bonded pair http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=23119
and these http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=22449

Chip and Pin at Wirral RSPCA have been looking for a long time and are lovely boys

some rescues will bond buns for you if you are definate that you want them and they think the buns will get on :D

Last edited:
I love the two lionheads in the first link, have been looking at them all day to be honest.....:love::love::love:

I have not had experience of lionheads though? Do they need any specific grooming care? What size do they grwo to as adults? Our set up housed 2 dwarf lops but could always be extended if needed.... I had netherland dwarves as a girl and it is the type my daughter loves...

I think is going to be hard.....

I love the two lionheads in the first link, have been looking at them all day to be honest.....:love::love::love:

I have not had experience of lionheads though? Do they need any specific grooming care? What size do they grwo to as adults? Our set up housed 2 dwarf lops but could always be extended if needed.... I had netherland dwarves as a girl and it is the type my daughter loves...

I think is going to be hard.....

They need a bit of grooming depending on how fluffy they are. Evie in my siggy just has my fingers run through her mane and any hay picked out each day and thats fine for her.

Size varies but they are usually around 2kgish, they will prob be a bit smaller than dwarf lops

Back