• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo / Nobivac vac question?

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
I just wondered if it was correct that the Nobivac Myxo jab was given just in the back if the neck and not part of it in the ear? When Peanut had her Myxo jab last year (different vet back then, not rabbit savvy) part of it was injected in the ear and the rest in the back of her neck (unsure of vac make). When I took them both in yesterday at my now rabbit savvy vet, both jabs were completely injected in the back of their necks. Is this correct? :? I'm sure I've read that part needs to be in the ear but I wondered if that was only certain types of the Myxo vac? Can anyone put my mind at rest as I'm worried that it wasn't administered correctly I should have asked her at the time but stupidly i didn't :roll:

Last edited:
I think my vet just gives it in the neck, she pulls the needle out a bit while there is still some liquid left in the syringe and gives the last bit. Sometimes its done so fast its hard to notice that bit.

I think my vet just gives it in the neck, she pulls the needle out a bit while there is still some liquid left in the syringe and gives the last bit. Sometimes its done so fast its hard to notice that bit.

Yes this is how my vet does it, I think she thought it was less stressful than taking the needle out and putting it back it

Thank you, at least I know it wasn't wrong, she did do it in two parts, not all in one go, so I take it that was ok then?

Back