• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits have phases of destructiveness?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
As per title really - my rabbits are tolerably well behaved for about 75% of the time then occasionally they have a week or so where they go insane and destroy EVERYTHING.

Skye is on one at the minute, in th space of a few days she's done the curtains, skirting boards, leather sofa, carpet, and window and door frames :shock::shock: I don't even want to think about how much it'll cost to fix when I move out.

Anyone else's beloved pets occasionally turn into furry demons?

...also, does it coincide with any kind of trigger? I was wondering if it was due to spring or the fact that she's probably uncomfortable due to having an epic moult.

bella definatley has her moments, one day she can be the sweetest most well behaved bun and other times she is a demon!!! imtalking eat ya shoes, pee on the carpet demon. i think she does it just to keep me on my toes :roll: :lol:

Yes it's kind of funny though, usually when I've cleaned them out and dared to move something, it's rearranged how they like it :lol:

Yes. Mine tend to have mad moments where they turn into destructor-bun and then flop and nap for ages:lol::love:

:shock: Blimey Clutterydrawer I thought it was just our bunny - my Tilly has been trying to dig her way through our sofa this last week too! She's ripped the cushion covers beyond repair.

Don't like the sofa but it'll be a couple of yrs before we replace it now. Can't trust her with a new one :lol:

:wave: When I clean my girls out & put fresh megazorb in the hutch Sophie immediately digs & scratches it out into the run :roll: She has a good megazorb digging session for about 30 seconds, then goes back to her usual business as if to say '' THAT is how I like it mum!!'' :lol:

eric does - he has days where he's just :censored: naughty!!

esme has the odd day where she ISN'T destructive:lol: (she has plenty of wooden/card/stuff to destroy but she does love chewing fabric:oops:)

Mine are ALL doing this now - ripping paper, digging everything out of their litter trays, gnawing on everthing too. I think it's spring.

mine were always destructive! Bugsy managed to do a ds charger and playstation controller cable within seconds of slipping into sons room. I thought it was just cables, so all the cables in the main areas of our house were well hidden, and inside cable tidies - and he would still attempt to get to them. Carpet was constantly chewed so I removed carpet completely. Thought I'd covered everything, so I bought a new leather settee. Not sure who, but one of them chewed both front corners. They didn't even have the decency to chew the back, out of sight!

So now they are confined to the dining room for the time being, as I have also got a new tv - standing on one of those new modern stands that is open - and I just am not going to take a risk with the new tv and ps3!

It isn't as if they don't have loads of toys, cardboard boxes etc. etc.

Sometimes, if for some reason they're annoyed with me. Like if food is a bit late. Mind you, I'm so haphazard now there is no routine anymore :oops::lol:

Both my indoor does (from 2 seperate pairs,one upstairs,one downstairs) have started digging out their litter trays...Alfie(upstairs) is determined to make my whole bedroom into a litter tray I'm sure :roll:

I can only think spring is having an influence.

Back