• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteer day at Windwhistle..20.2.11. Future days ?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Having seen Alice today, she does not know how many people are going to turn up next Sunday.

I know that usually some food is taken along by you RU'ers. Bearing that in mind, perhaps whoever does come along could bring say some type of refreshments with them.

That way Alice does not have use her own money to provide food and drink.
More money for the bunnies, piggies, hamsters etc.

I am going to bring plenty of milk and some coffee.

I hope you regular volunteers don't think that I am treading on your toes by posting this thread.

Just eager to help Alice as much as poss.

Last edited:
I'm coming looking forward to it. I'll get some biccies to go with the tea and coffee. Anything else you can suggest I could bring? I'll be going into town tomorrow.

I'm coming looking forward to it. I'll get some biccies to go with the tea and coffee. Anything else you can suggest I could bring? I'll be going into town tomorrow.

Cake, crisps, quails eggs, chutney, crackers, sausages, more cake, quiches, coleslaw, cottage cheese, yogurts, fresh fruit, cream, bacon,oh and did I mention .....cake!!!

Only joking!!!!!!!!:lol:

Entirely up to you. Whatever you think. I am sure anything will be most appreciated.

We plan to come along too - I think we need cake? Has anyone mentioned that? I don't think so :lol::lol::lol:

Was going to bring some French sticks, cheese, celery, grapes, salady bits (to share with the buns???) and some plastic cutlery and paper plates etc.

Is that OK?

Ruth & Anya :wave:

Edit: Should add too I have space in the car for up to two other people if anyone wants a lift - coming up from South Wales heads of the valley area - will either drive up through Abergavenny, Monmouth, Ross to Chaxhill or the other way through Crumlin, Newport, Chepstow to Chaxhill depending on whether anyone wants a lift there or back and where they live!
Just pm me if you need a lift!!:wave::wave:

Last edited:
Thank you hurrican honey and one of the family. That sounds perfect.

Let's hope that the weather is good and we can sit outside and have a picnic.

BEWARE of Titus, Izzadora, Bob and maybe Puk, they will be after our goodies. Oh yes, these are Alice's dogs, just in case people were wondering.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

I'm coming, obviously!

Hmmm what shall I bring?

Yourself!!!

How about some squash, cordial or coca cola?

It sounds like we are going to have a lovely picnic. Let's hope the weather is in our favour.

I am looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

I wont be able to make this trip and I am so sorry. My son's team has gone through in a cup and he has a match scheduled. I am so disappointed. I have piles of newspapers, so I will try and get to Kate or Emma before Sunday so they can take to Alice (if there is room in the car).

i cant make this trip but i may be popping down with another volenteer tommorrow so even though you never seem to see me i do help out!!! lol
yes to bringing your own food sandwishes tea cofee milk and buiscuits adn cake generally go down well when everyone is there?!

in terms of what alice needs for the animals she ALWAYS wants newspapers and black binliners so if everyone brought some of those i know she would apprichiate it greatly, also bring old shoes as it can get muddy putting the bunnies out into the run depending on the amount of rain! and anyone who wants to bring any treats for bunnys pigs and hamsters would definatly be welcome.

would someone be kind enough to pm me the address. I'm not able to help with visits at the mo but would like to send alice some goodies for the bunnies.

I wont be able to make this trip and I am so sorry. My son's team has gone through in a cup and he has a match scheduled. I am so disappointed. I have piles of newspapers, so I will try and get to Kate or Emma before Sunday so they can take to Alice (if there is room in the car).

I'm in Ox tomorrow Raine on my way back from a meeting in Hampshire. Shall I come round and pick stuff up?

Damn I missed this! I won't be able to go because my dissertation deadline is 13 days away, and I will probably be furiously writing :lol: But if I find myself with some spare time I'll email Alice and try and pop by. Hope you all have a nice day, and hope it's sunny and warm!:wave:

It sounds like we should have a lovely day at Alice's.

Basically as someone has already mentioned................newspapers, bin bags are always needed.

I took a load of papers up when I took Estelle there last Thursday.

Anything you can think of, which the bunnies, piggies, Alice can use, bring it along.

Sorry to hear that some people are not going to be able to make it. Perhaps another time.

We will pass on your best wishes to Alice.

I can't come but if bunlovers calling by me today I'll send a few things to Alices for the picnic.
sue:wave:

At this moment in time, I have no idea how many people are going to Alice's on Sunday.

All I can ask, is that if you have anything which will be of use to Alice please bring it along.

Either directly or indirectly useful for her and the little ones.

Many thanks in anticipation.

It sounds like we should have a lovely day at Alice's.

Basically as someone has already mentioned................newspapers, bin bags are always needed.

I took a load of papers up when I took Estelle there last Thursday.

Anything you can think of, which the bunnies, piggies, Alice can use, bring it along.

Sorry to hear that some people are not going to be able to make it. Perhaps another time.

We will pass on your best wishes to Alice.

Please do!! xxx

Back