• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is this worms. Puzzel solved post 19

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
:shock:

33nbz2t.jpg

IRL the wormy bit is a greyish colour :wave: my parents are telling me its not worms and "just slime" :shock:

oh and its a bit muddy

Last edited:
Got me stumped then doesn't look like any type of worm I've ever seen in an animal. Some one more knowledgeable may come along soon to help.

Looks like mucus to me. I saw something similar when I had a sick rabbit. Either way, its not healthy poo. Is the rabbit ok?

Hopefully its just slugs then. But wouldn't they be moving? Unless they died.. :?

Is the poop moist from mud/water? It doesn't look dry enough to me.

the poo is exactly the same as all the others, bar this. Perfectly crumbly, a little dark though. There is some mud on it :wave:

cant see very well from the pic but if its gooey, casper has some slim on his poop when he has had too much sugar although its hard to tell as that poop is all mushed, caspers poop is formed but the slim is like on the poop and the poop is a little darker too. if he has had fruit or somthing sugary he gets this. Has any of them had anything sugary? do they seem ok in them selfs? does look a bit like a baby slug from the pic, but i dont think he would have eaten a slug would he :shock: :lol:

cant see very well from the pic but if its gooey, casper has some slim on his poop when he has had too much sugar although its hard to tell as that poop is all mushed, caspers poop is formed but the slim is like on the poop and the poop is a little darker too. if he has had fruit or somthing sugary he gets this. Has any of them had anything sugary? do they seem ok in them selfs? does look a bit like a baby slug from the pic, but i dont think he would have eaten a slug would he :shock: :lol:

its just muddy not squished :) I know what sort of slime you are talking about as Mae had this when she was coming out of her bloat episode, proper minging :lol:

They have been having probiotic water once a day but only 200ml between them so I wouldnt imagen that would case that sort of thing :?

It wouldnt surprise me if Sebastian ate a slug :roll: he's eaten spiders before now :lol:

its just muddy not squished :) I know what sort of slime you are talking about as Mae had this when she was coming out of her bloat episode, proper minging :lol:

They have been having probiotic water once a day but only 200ml between them so I wouldnt imagen that would case that sort of thing :?

It wouldnt surprise me if Sebastian ate a slug :roll: he's eaten spiders before now :lol:

maybe he found a tasty slug :shock: maybe just keep a eye out that both there other poops are fine over the coming days :)

it's worm poop :oops: as in earth worms :lol:

Ive just been and put the bunnies in the run and in the exactly same spot that I found that poo there is loads of worm poo, atleast thats what my dad says it is :lol: I feel like a wally :roll:

Back