• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping 4 rabbits together

gareth_mattey

Warren Scout
Hi,

Well i had 2 rabbits, male and female. They are fine and get on well, eating and snuggling up together, grooming etc..

They've been together a good 2-2/12 months now.

This weekend i got a female and male rabbit, the female on saturday which my current two seem to like, no problems. Just the male humping her ( he did this with my first female), all seems to be going well with them three.

Today (Sunday) i got the other male rabbit, he seems very shy and seems to not like doing much around the other rabbits e.g. eating.

He's in a hutch with my first female, she wouldnt harm a fly and accepts anything they are getting along fine and the other female when he's seen her she seems ok with him too. Its my first male thats the problem, he's pulled chunks of fur out of the new male and kept chasing him, he's a big guy and the new males only tiny. They are seperated from eachother but the first male seems to be competing for dominance where as the new male isnt really bothered he just wants to be friends.

I've had the new male out and he's seen the first male through he hutch, just trying to get them used to eachother without actually being together and him picking a fight.

Any tips on male to male relationships? Females havent been a problem but males are becoming so...

Thanks

First things first, are they all neutered/spayed?

There are lots of tips and advice on bonding rabbits on here, take a look :) They must be introduced in a small neutral space to start with too, did you do this?

All are neutered apart from the female i got yesterday, she's booked in 22nd march, only 4 months old but big girl. She's not had a problem with the other rabbits and they seem to like her.

Back