• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beginnings of a great poo thread?

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I think we should have all our celebrated pictures of rabbit poo in one place, so that people can look to see what's normal and good- or even abnormal and the reasons why, all in one place.

I will add pictures of Oscars tonight when the OH isn't around to watch me take pictures of poo :oops::oops:

Good idea :) I will take pics of Beano and Gordons, well whoever has been using the tray and add them on later.

Won't be long and I'll get the ball rolling, we have some good poos here today..I think! Xx

:lol::lol:
We have a whole variety here- mostly big golden-y ones, but with a post-sleep smaller darker ones...
*waits for OH to leave house then grabs camera*

I've already posted these a couple of weeks ago, but will put them here too.

Alfie and Bubbles do big golden poops when they've been eating lots of hay:
DSCF1155.jpg

But they also do slightly smaller and darker poops if they've been eating grass:
DSCF1158.jpg

Both are normal for them and I see both types during the course of a day.

These belonged to a bunny who came in for rehoming and as you can see are very poor. Way too dark, hard, and small.

NoahEarlyDays001.jpg

This is an abnormal poo (cecotrope). Pie did this on Tuesday after a very sevre bout of stasis/impacted Cecum. I was the thickness of a fountain pen and smelt horrible. It also had lots of bit of very hard poo in too.
DSC_7577.jpg

This is also a bad example - when she was moulting alot. They were normal poo's, just stuck together with bits of fur.
DSC_4724.jpg

This is also a bad example - when she was moulting alot. They were normal poo's, just stuck together with bits of fur.
DSC_4724.jpg

I would say this was actually a good poo. :thumb: When buns are moulting, it's much better to see the hair coming out in the poo, rather than clogging in their stomach. :)

not sure if i still have pics of amazing poo :oops:

im not overly impressed with the poo at the min, its the right fibre/squishy feel but they are smaller and darker due to the hay. its more like meadow hay and soft so the poops aren't as impressive as what we get with stalker browner hay..

strange how hay affects poops or am i just too obsessed to be noticing this :oops:

I would say this was actually a good poo. :thumb: When buns are moulting, it's much better to see the hair coming out in the poo, rather than clogging in their stomach. :)

Ooooh ok. Yay! :D They wern't formed great but I guess it's good to know they were coming out.

strange how hay affects poops or am i just too obsessed to be noticing this :oops:

I've noticed it too, which is why I think it's important not to get completely hung up on the idea that poops have to be golden to be good ones. :D

yeah - Ive seen this too - my girls poo's used to be very very golden - when they were fed on Excel & baled meadow hay & timothy hay (small amounts as bagged)
But with excel they got mucky bums....

Now they on Oxbow bunny basics/t & 15/23 & baled meadow hay & loads of dried herbs....
And their poops are much darker in colour....

sorry no pic to hand....

I do like the golden poops but they have darker ones now...but still large...but not as dry as it used to be...sometimes abit moist looking....:?

Be interesting if people put a basic descrip of what the buns diet was in relation to the poops...:D

yeah - Ive seen this too - my girls poo's used to be very very golden - when they were fed on Excel & baled meadow hay & timothy hay (small amounts as bagged)
But with excel they got mucky bums....

Now they on Oxbow bunny basics/t & 15/23 & baled meadow hay & loads of dried herbs....
And their poops are much darker in colour....

sorry no pic to hand....

I do like the golden poops but they have darker ones now...but still large...but not as dry as it used to be...sometimes abit moist looking....:?

Be interesting if people put a basic descrip of what the buns diet was in relation to the poops...:D

That is a very good idea :)

I never even thought about the hair coming out in poos being a good thing during moult, it's better than inside though!

This is nice, goes well with my paprika pork with pepper, but yes, I do see the values in this thread :lol::lol::lol:

Back