• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Raisin has coccidiosis

Raisin has had quite bad diahoeaa recently and i am bit concerened it is coccidiosis. I know i shouldn't jump to conclusions but i am worried about him. When i go in he is always lying down when he usually jumps up, he then moves to play and he has produced a really sludgy bad odourus pellet. I am quite concerened about him please help with any advice!:cry::cry:

Take him to the vet first thing tomorrow. Take a sample with you, preferably a pooled one. Is he tooth grinding? Has he lost weight?

My beautiful bunnies both had coccidiosis, twice, and survived, so please don't worry too much. It will need treating as soon as though. Lots of vibes!

Oh, just to add, anything he's poo'd on since being poorly will now be contaminated. You'll need to disinfect everything thoroughly with Jeyes fluid, and scrub your clean your carpets if he's poo'd on them. Do this all again 1 week into treatment and again when his treatment's finished. Also, he can't go back on any grass he might have poo'd on. It'll need to be dug up, and replanted with fresh turf or seed.

Do you have wildies in your garden? If so they're likely to be the cause of the problem. This means you'll have to keep your boy confined to one area of the garden that you've returfed, so invest in as large a run as possible. It's a shame if he's used to haveing free range outdoors, but otherwise you'll be back where you were.

Anyway, you don't know that it is Coccidiosis yet. Here's keeping fingers crossed it's not!

Back