• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to school

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
I have been helping Tracy (Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare), she gets invited to go and talk to the children about the bunnies and we take a couple of bunnies with us and the children love it, they are year 1 and 2 usually, it's really interesting because we found out last time from the teacher that the Warwickshire Authority has 'The Rabbit Problem' (Brilliant book) as one of it's studies to do with the children

Someone is the Authority is obviously a bunny lover

I used to do this with me bunnies too but they've retired now.:lol:

It was always great fun and seeing the kids so enthusiastic about animal welfare was always great to see.

It's brilliant and the children really love it, they ask such sensible questions too, we were doing really well until one little girl asked Tracy why she didn't pandas :shock:, she thought that as they were an endagered species then Tracy should be trying to help them, Tracy did explain that her garden wasn't big enough so she rescues bunnies instead :lol::lol:

It's brilliant and the children really love it, they ask such sensible questions too, we were doing really well until one little girl asked Tracy why she didn't pandas :shock:, she thought that as they were an endagered species then Tracy should be trying to help them, Tracy did explain that her garden wasn't big enough so she rescues bunnies instead :lol::lol:

Thats soo funny!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds great :D But I thought rescues didn't agree with taking out buns to places unless it was the vet or to a new home? :oops:

I think it depends on the bun :)
I dare say rescues wouldn't take nervy buns with them, but if they have a confident/outgoing bun then the bunny can be a great help in getting kids to care about the rescues :)

:lol::lol:

I've been into a school before and done a talk on caring for bunnies and piggies :) It was a reception class, so a little younger. I really enjoyed it, and so did the kids. They sent us a lovely thank you letter :love:

'The rabbit problem' is written by Emily Gravett, she is one of my favourite childrens authors.

The book uses the expression 'breeding like rabbits' to explain the fibonacci number pattern:

1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 16, 26, 42, 68......

Back