• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another disturbance for Spenser...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
The cement mixer started up when he was in the middle of his breakfast. :roll: Poor Spenser was really quite frightened, so I brought him in, but he has not really gone back to his noms. I persuaded him to eat some kale, but when I pushed my luck and tried to get him to eat another bit he got cross and went under the couch. :(leaving him in peace and will try him with his leftover pellets and some hay later.

Poor Spenser, I hope he will feel more like eating soon. They are going to be building a house next door to mine at some point and I'm dreading it :(

Oh poor Spenser! It's a good job you didn't listen to me and brought him straight in!! I hope he starts eating again soon. Is there anything else you could get him that he likes?

Liz: Try putting a radio in with the buns say a couple of days before the works start (to get them used to it) and then leave it in there for them whilst the building work is ongoing :wave:

Susie: If he's inside but can still hear the noise can you put either a tv or radio on close by? It might just be enough of a distraction to help him relax & start nomming again. Offer him his litter bowl, plenty of hay + at least one blankie from the hutch. Then I'd leave him to it :)

Work has now stopped for the day. :) Spenser has done a fairly large, very dark and slightly squidgy poo on his floral fleece.:( I suspect a slow-down in hay-nomming, after doing rather well last week, may be the cause. He is currently dozing on the couch with an apple stick sticking out from under him. I am going to concentrate on getting him hay nomming again as veg is less important.

Come on Spenser, get nomming hay :wave: Could you hide some treats/his favourite food at the moment in some hay?

Come on Spenser, get nomming hay :wave: Could you hide some treats/his favourite food at the moment in some hay?

Yes, hadn't actually done that today although I often sprinkle plantain in his basin. He actually nommed a little green oat hay a few minutes ago while he was in the basin 'offloading.' ;):lol:

Back