• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who's silly bunny has moulted far too early??!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... and now the weather is turning cold again and they have no winter coat left? MINE!!! Lola has had a mahoooosive moult over the last couple of weeks and has now only a few tufty remnants of her nice warm winter coat.
Benson, on the other hand - thought ahead and waited. Now he still has his nice thick coat and Lolly is gonna be running around freezing!!!!

Anyone elses bunny a silly rabbit?? :roll:

Silly Lola. Spenser is still fully clothed in his winter fur. Perhaps you could knit Lola a little coat. :love:

Awww Lola, she wanted to get on with springtime (cant blame her).

Starbuck has started a heavy moult but is midway through so still has a fair bit left to go, then again as an indoor bunny he never should get cold cold.

My two have kept their winter coats although I notice they have just started a little cautious mini-moult, I think that will stop now it's so chilly. Lola will just have to snuggle extra close on those cold nights :D

Pat, the sensible girl, has started a mini-moult. Bob on the other hand has a full on massive moult. When it's below 2 they're getting their snugglesafes again.

:roll:

Blackberry & Co gave me some suggestions as to how to keep the shed and run warmer for her so I've started with a cardboard box stuffed with hay. Where does she sit? On her bench, full exposure to the air. Benson with his winter coat snuggles in the hay at the back of the run. :roll: She gives me heart failure!! She is the bun who had a low temperature last time I had to take her to the vet for stasis. What am I gonna do with ya Loopie Lou!!??

I think Beano and Gordon are starting to moult a bit after we've had a few warm days :roll:

I wonder if Lola is dropping a hint that she might like to move indoors after all - not the most convenient moment, it has to be said. :roll:

Mine started a couple weeks ago when it was warm, then it got cold again. Now it's getting warm again :?

Will they be able to use their new indoor suite during the summer, or will it get to hot for them? :?

No, they can come in and have the run of the house when Chester's not here (he goes to the caravan with mum and dad sometimes). I can also fence off the kitchen/diner, from the living room if Chester is in residence! I'll leave the patio doors open for them and they can go wherever they choose. They do that already, but I have to stand about or sit outside and watch them. This way I'll be able to sit inside and watch them in comfort and you never know, somebun may decide to join me on the settee for a snuggle!! :love:

No, they can come in and have the run of the house when Chester's not here (he goes to the caravan with mum and dad sometimes). I can also fence off the kitchen/diner, from the living room if Chester is in residence! I'll leave the patio doors open for them and they can go wherever they choose. They do that already, but I have to stand about or sit outside and watch them. This way I'll be able to sit inside and watch them in comfort and you never know, somebun may decide to join me on the settee for a snuggle!! :love:

:love::p:love::p:love::p

my three started weeks ago, it's been very mild here.
If she was cold I'm sure she'd go to one of the snuggly spaces you've made.:)

Back