• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

totally not fair.

shadow05

Mama Doe
my moms told me that scooter will never be aloud a friend so long as i live here.

Its annoying cause shes let me sit here and plan it all and then turned around to me yesterday when i went to that sanctuary i actually found a good match for scooter he is a lad but he is gorgous and i think he would be more inclined to let scooter be alfa male. they didnt have any female bunnies at the time for sale they had a couple of babys with there moms. anyways shes turned around and said he cant have a friend because they will plot and make noise.:(

ive told her before that rabbits dont sit there all day and plot. they run around, sleep, play with things, dig and do other bunny stuff.:(

now i wanna get out of here even more for scooters sake. i feel srry for him cause i still dont think hes got enought space even though his pen is huge. he gets upset because of my brothers with there music on so load and playing there xbox while shouting and screaming there heads off. not to mention my room is just above the living room so he can hear the viberations of the tv through the floor.:(

im getting sick of living here with my brothers and my mom i really do not want to live here anymore and i think i cud do a hell of a lot better on my own. im practically already independ now all i need to learn is all the fincial parts about living in a flat by myself. i can get a job easily i know a lot of places that are looking for help and stuff too. :cry::cry::cry:

Hmmm, do you think that there is any way you could explain to your mum that Scooter is destructive and bored because he is lonely?

If you are planning to get a bun from a rescue, you could also tell your mum that if getting a friend for Scooter doesn't work out, you could always take him back (not that I imagine it would come to that of course...)

as harsh as this sounds hun, if your mum doesnt want another bun in the house then the more you push it the more she could turn around and say she doesnt want scooter there either. you've already mentioned she doesnt like him. i think for the time being you are going to have to be his company, it wont do him any harm. i know buns need other buns company but he will be ok on his own for the time being.
also, why not try talking to your mum and brothers about your living situation, say you're not happy. they way you can all talk it out.

Thats a bit hard to take I'd imagine and it's a shame for you and scooter, I hope you can do all you can to make his life as fulfilled till you can get him a little friend of his own kind or maybe in time persuade your mum to let you adopt another one, personally I wouldn't go for a buck I'd go for a doe.

You also have the option of rehoming scooter, it's really hard to do but, sometimes the kindest thing is to let him go to a new home with another rabbit where he will possibly have a better life, only you can decide that though and it's incredibly difficult to make that choice but, sometimes if you love something enough letting go is the best thing for them. Having said that I would imagine there is a waiting list for rescue places so you'd need to be prepared to get him on a list and hope that a place comes up, he could end up paired with a doe and have a fabulous outdoor set up with someone at the end of the process though. (hugs) hope you can find a way to make it work either way for the little guy.:wave:

Hmmm, do you think that there is any way you could explain to your mum that Scooter is destructive and bored because he is lonely?

If you are planning to get a bun from a rescue, you could also tell your mum that if getting a friend for Scooter doesn't work out, you could always take him back (not that I imagine it would come to that of course...)

ive tried everything she says my room smells because of him and its not him its my hamster he feels the need to pee on himself for some reason. but other then that i keep scooter as clean as possible and i have my window open a bit everyday because of the mold wall problem.

ill try again soon but i think it will still be a no. its a shame because i was looking for a girl but my bf is certain that it will work out between these two bunnys hes a gorgous mini lop from wat ive been told i have a pic but im at collage at the moment ill show a pic later.

as harsh as this sounds hun, if your mum doesnt want another bun in the house then the more you push it the more she could turn around and say she doesnt want scooter there either. you've already mentioned she doesnt like him. i think for the time being you are going to have to be his company, it wont do him any harm. i know buns need other buns company but he will be ok on his own for the time being.
also, why not try talking to your mum and brothers about your living situation, say you're not happy. they way you can all talk it out.

ive tried but my mom really does not care much anyways. i dont think she would kick him out anyways she knows if it was between me and the bunny i would take scooter with me and live at the bfs if i have to. cause i really dont wanna give him up ive spent all this time and money on him just to get him to trsut me and ive finally manage to give him all that space. :(

Thats a bit hard to take I'd imagine and it's a shame for you and scooter, I hope you can do all you can to make his life as fulfilled till you can get him a little friend of his own kind or maybe in time persuade your mum to let you adopt another one, personally I wouldn't go for a buck I'd go for a doe.

You also have the option of rehoming scooter, it's really hard to do but, sometimes the kindest thing is to let him go to a new home with another rabbit where he will possibly have a better life, only you can decide that though and it's incredibly difficult to make that choice but, sometimes if you love something enough letting go is the best thing for them. Having said that I would imagine there is a waiting list for rescue places so you'd need to be prepared to get him on a list and hope that a place comes up, he could end up paired with a doe and have a fabulous outdoor set up with someone at the end of the process though. (hugs) hope you can find a way to make it work either way for the little guy.:wave:

i hope i will too. im very determend to get him settled properly and eventually with a friend. the lady who runs the sanctuary was trying to sell me 2 for a tenner she felt srry for them because they had been there a year lol she also mentioned that i could give him a guinea pig as a friend but i said no. he bullies them anyways.

i hope i will too. im very determend to get him settled properly and eventually with a friend. the lady who runs the sanctuary was trying to sell me 2 for a tenner she felt srry for them because they had been there a year lol she also mentioned that i could give him a guinea pig as a friend but i said no. he bullies them anyways.

A sanctuary/rescue recommended you get Scooter a bunny friend?:shock: Are you sure this is a proper rescue, because that it not very good advice at all...

OK I know you love him but, you can't really afford to keep him so I'd wait in all honesty Shadow, try to increase his activity levels and get him some toys and treats and keep him company as much as possible - never put Guinea pigs with rabbits and I'd steer clear of any place that is recommending that, you need to be very careful if you do get one that it's coming from a 'safe' place in the sense you don't want a 'sick' rabbit that could infect Scooter, you wouldn't be able to afford the bills Shadow would you.:wave:

A sanctuary/rescue recommended you get Scooter a bunny friend?:shock: Are you sure this is a proper rescue, because that it not very good advice at all...

no i think she thought i had a flat of my own and had bunnies outside i think not sure but she did try and sell me two for ten pound.

OK I know you love him but, you can't really afford to keep him so I'd wait in all honesty Shadow, try to increase his activity levels and get him some toys and treats and keep him company as much as possible - never put Guinea pigs with rabbits and I'd steer clear of any place that is recommending that, you need to be very careful if you do get one that it's coming from a 'safe' place in the sense you don't want a 'sick' rabbit that could infect Scooter, you wouldn't be able to afford the bills Shadow would you.:wave:

yea i would the bfs told me that if anything was to go off he would help. but hopefully when i get this job if they ever get back to me i will. :D

if not im gonna be saving money up soon for scooter and my hamster paddy just in case if after i leave collage and cant find a job.

no i think she thought i had a flat of my own and had bunnies outside i think not sure but she did try and sell me two for ten pound.

Still sounds quite dodgy to me, if that was the case there was clearly no homecheck if she didn't know you lived with your parents.

Also, did I see on another thread you had no hay for Scooter until friday?

:thumb:

hi everyone would grass from the garden by okay as a substitue until at least wednesday.

i tried asking college and they wouldnt let me. :(. i asked my mom if she would lend me some money to get him some and she hasnt got any until tmmorow which means ill only be able to get it on wednesday. ill see if the bf can bring some tmmorow.

Still sounds quite dodgy to me, if that was the case there was clearly no homecheck if she didn't know you lived with your parents.

Also, did I see on another thread you had no hay for Scooter until friday?

i thought that when i got there but all the animals are well cared for. all rabbits have good size runs and everything. it didnt look like they had much hay but it was late in the day when we went so i think the bunnies eat it all there was only a little bit left in there cages. the cages were tidy fresh woodshavings i asked the owner how she managed with all the animals and she said that her and her parnter clean them out everyday and that its not really much of a problem. they were all feed on rabbit muesli mix though.

the one i held needed his claws trimming i got scartched quite bad and its a bitn infected now. but u should have seen him he was well natured. the lady said that he tends to fight u a little bit when u first pick him up but he soon settles. she said shed never seen him act like he did with me though he feel asleep on me. :D. the only problem was he was a lad and was not neutered but the bf said he would definately help with that and it would be a bday pressie.

Back