• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you move vets because the vaccines were cheaper?

Would you move vets?

• Yes

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Other ... Please digress.

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Neither vets are particularly rabbit savvy.
Your current vets charges £25/vaccine.
The other one charges £15/vaccine.
Would you move to the cheaper one?

Just move to the cheaper one for the vaccinations providing, of course, that they know the correct way to inject the Myxomatosis jab.

my vets is the cheepest in area but also the best in my opinion they have

been fantastic always very very helpfull and bunny savy too:lol:

No I like my vets and they're also ony 3 doors up the road so handy in an emergency. I can't believe how much the cost of vaccs has gone up though :shock:

No I like my vets and they're also ony 3 doors up the road so handy in an emergency. I can't believe how much the cost of vaccs has gone up though :shock:

Yes, I too use the vets which is just over the road, plus I like them too!

Last year I paid around £40 for the two vaccinations.

No way...I trust my vet and have built up a relationship with him, I think it would be unfair to go to another vet to save £10 per jab, they would have to know otherwise they'd think the rabbits weren't vaccinated.

I put No and then read the post.
If both vets wern't rabbit savvy then I would go for the cheaper one. However I wouldn't move from my vets for anything. They a great.

I would use both. I'd have the vacc's done at the cheaper one and anything else done with my usual vet.

I have voted other. I would move to a rabbit savvy vet rather than choose between two non rabbit ones

Ditto. Only I voted No because I voted before reading that neither were rabbit savvy. Rabbit savvy is an absolute must, price of vaccinations wouldn't come into it without my situation changing dramatically.

No - I'd stay with my regular vet. Let's face it - they rely on income from vaccinations etc as their 'bread and butter' so if we all went to the cheaper vets for our jabs, the bunny savvy vets may go out of business. Plus I trust my bunny vet implicitly and would never go anywhere else just to save a few £s. The buns get a full MOT when they get their jabs so the cost is well worth it IMO.

No, never just because it's cheaper. When you go for vaccinations, it's not the vaccinations alone that you are paying for but for a full healthcheck and MOT. This is the chance for your vet to be proactive in finding things going wrong before they do. Often it's at a vaccination appointment that things such as dental issues, skeletal, stomach, sight and hearing issues are discovered. A vet that is cheap isn't necessarily good and may miss these kinds of things.

A good vet is worth their weight in gold. And for those people who say to me, well I'll go for the vaccs to one vet becuase they are cheaper but go to a better one for emergencies, think on, because how will the emergency vet know your rabbit's history? They would be treating blind.

No, never just because it's cheaper. When you go for vaccinations, it's not the vaccinations alone that you are paying for but for a full healthcheck and MOT. This is the chance for your vet to be proactive in finding things going wrong before they do. Often it's at a vaccination appointment that things such as dental issues, skeletal, stomach, sight and hearing issues are discovered. A vet that is cheap isn't necessarily good and may miss these kinds of things.

A good vet is worth their weight in gold. And for those people who say to me, well I'll go for the vaccs to one vet becuase they are cheaper but go to a better one for emergencies, think on, because how will the emergency vet know your rabbit's history? They would be treating blind.
Agree 100% ... a bunny savvy Vet is worth it's weight in gold

I already use three vets; depending on my location. I have a very rabbit savvy vet here in Manchester (Ashleigh) and then two at my home with parents one I use for neuters as they always do a good job; the other is rabbit savvy and does everything else (they speyed Lola but left her covered in blood and glue and made a mess) :(

:wave: I voted other because I wouldn't want a vet who wasn't bunny savvy in the first place & I would rather travel to a bunny savvy vet than use 'any' vet.

It cost £23.73 per bun for the myxi jab at my vets a couple of weeks ago.

Back