• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A poll about drinking

What do your buns prefer to drink

• Plain water

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Probiotic

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Tea of some sort

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cold water

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Warm water

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Juice (fresh fruit)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Im wondering what people have observed about thier bunnies prefer drinking water.
I have been offering my bunnys 3 different types of water. 200ml of water with probiotic, 200ml Peppermint tea and a large dog bowl of plain water. All are tepid when I put the bowls in.

Within 2 hours the probotic is gone :shock:

What do your buns prefer - poll to follow

Georgey do you have too much time on your hands. :shock::D

I 've only ever offered plain water, or probiotic water to mine if they've needed it for a reason.
I do find that they like probiotic water but haven't noticed that it goes any quicker than normal water does.

So that answer wasn't really much help was it. :)

Mine prefer to drink the water from the bowl in the run that regularly gets refilled by the rain than from the bowl inside the shed, dunno how that fits in with your poll!

Georgey do you have too much time on your hands. :shock::D

I 've only ever offered plain water, or probiotic water to mine if they've needed it for a reason.
I do find that they like probiotic water but haven't noticed that it goes any quicker than normal water does.

So that answer wasn't really much help was it. :)

Yes far too much time :D :lol:

I've been offering probiotic water because someone (Mae I think) is leaving stinky ceaco's but both REALLY enjoy it :)

Glingle - prehaps your observations fit in the "other" option :) I've heard of people giving thier buns rain water before, interesting to see your buns prefer rain water :wave:

I wash out their water bowls every day, refill them morning and night so they always have fresh clean water to drink. They are free range in our garden all day - stay at home mum! - and where do they drink from? The fresh clean supply? No, the pools of dirty water that have collected in the kids toys which are lying around the garden:shock::shock: Rabbits!!

I wash out their water bowls every day, refill them morning and night so they always have fresh clean water to drink. They are free range in our garden all day - stay at home mum! - and where do they drink from? The fresh clean supply? No, the pools of dirty water that have collected in the kids toys which are lying around the garden:shock::shock: Rabbits!!

:lol: what weirdos ;) So another vote for rain water, I suppose in a way its better for them, less chemicals and things :)

Well obviously they will prefer the probiotic water - it's full of sugar!

(if you're using avipro that is - I haven't checked all the brands ;) )

I imagine they'd like rainwater because it's not chlorinated. I haven't tested mine to check what they prefer though.

Well obviously they will prefer the probiotic water - it's full of sugar!

(if you're using avipro that is - I haven't checked all the brands ;) )

I imagine they'd like rainwater because it's not chlorinated. I haven't tested mine to check what they prefer though.

Im using Pro -C, havent checked the ingredients though :lol:

Im using Pro -C, havent checked the ingredients though :lol:

Ingredient(s):

Vitamin C 250mg, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Enterococcus Faecium, Fos Soluble Fibre Prebiotic, Electrolytes, Dextrose, Chlorophyll.

Dextrose = sugar - dunno about other people's rabbits but mine will ALWAYS go for the most sugary thing available!

Thus raisin = better than apple = better than carrot

mine only get tap water, however whenever I have a cup of tea and I have Misty in he always drinks it he'll also steal the used tea bag out the bin bag carry it around in his mouth before chewing it :shock:

Didnt know rabbits could drink Tea:shock: Mine all prefer normal tap water with the exception of Hari (Giant) who much prefers to give me a heart attack as he bends over the pond to drink the water there:roll:

Didnt know rabbits could drink Tea:shock: Mine all prefer normal tap water with the exception of Hari (Giant) who much prefers to give me a heart attack as he bends over the pond to drink the water there:roll:

I imagine they shouldn't really have black tea, as it as caffiene in (mine are hyper enough without it!) but they can have some of the herb teas eg peppermint, camomile.

much like me, my pair prefer water here in Scotland to the stuff we had in Brum, Alvin drinks loads more than he used to now :D

they dont get an option of different water types tho, its water from a tap nothing fancy :lol:

Back