• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Avairy panels

MPHF

Alpha Buck
:wave:

We have been saving our money up to improve Minstrel and Penguins space. We are going to get some avairy panels so they can have the whole of my yard.
Are some panels better than other ones and does anyone have any suggestions on waterproofing the roof and guttering?

All comments gratefully recieved! :D

Yes, you want to look for panels with as thick a wood as possible. Minimum 19guage galvanised wire mesh with 1/2inch by 1inch holes.

For the roof I would use aviary panels to keep it secure and then I would use Clear corrugated PVC sheets from DIY shops to keep the rain off. You can put a thick bit of wood under one end so it slopes. You could put guttering on one end if you wanted, I just let the rain fall onto the ground.

:wave:

Thank you very much.

I was thinking that for the roof. I feel very clever for a lady who has never done anything like this before. :D

I've ordered them and they should be here by the end of the week. I got 10 panels 2 doors a roof and delivery for just under £300. :D

Minstrel and Penguin are going to be sooooo happy. Been looking at lots of new toys and bits and bobs for them. It's so exciting.

I got mine from Chirpy Coops on ebay. Good solid wood, but I think I'd go for a slightly stronger gauge wire if I ordered again. Also, they didn't deliver on the first date, a friday, but did come at the weekend. Finally they erected it too which I wasn't expecting to be included in the job so overall I think they were good value. :D

I've ordered them and they should be here by the end of the week. I got 10 panels 2 doors a roof and delivery for just under £300. :D

Minstrel and Penguin are going to be sooooo happy. Been looking at lots of new toys and bits and bobs for them. It's so exciting.

Where did you order from please?
I have plans to add an adjoining out door run to bunny shed, I want strong weld mesh as I have foxes in the garden.
Looking forward to seeing photos of yours and any other problems or ideas you have:wave:

I got mine from scottydoo6690. The man,s name I spoke to was Paul and he runs Avairie world. He is from cambridgeshire. Very friendly and helpful. It is 19 gauge with the mesh 1 inch x 0.5 inch.

That was from E-bay!!

Back