• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

isn't this dangerous?

There are a few like that on you tube - I am guessing that the bunnies somehow managed to convince their owners that it was something they wanted to do - not sure how though.:?

I know I would never have even considered putting any of my bunnies near my pool - and they have never tried to get in it ( 3ft high).

maybe these buns started out in the little toddler paddling pools and progressed from there?

I don't think that bunny was having fun, although there have been rabbits whose owners claim have had a dip of their own accord. But usually rabbits hate water, and it's also dangerous because they can't regulate well their internal temperature if wet.

Is it a natural reaction for them to freeze like that, theres a few other videos of bunnies doing it :? one video shows a bun "floating" them doing a little swimming and then freezing again :?

I have a friend at work who has a friend who has a rabbit who actively seeks out any opportunity to go for a swim. :D So much so that they had to put a warning on the bathroom door telling any guests not to leave the door open when having a bath. Unfortunately the owner's mother in law decided to leave the door open just to be contrary and then went mental when bun bun decided to join her in the bath. :lol::lol:

So I find it quite believable that some odd bunnies do like to swim or relax in a pool, especially in hot weather. I definitely don't agree with forcing a bunny to try it though (but there's not evidence one way or the other to suggest that the owners in the video have done that). Therefore what I'm saying is don't be so quick to judge when you don't know how those rabbits came to be in the pool. They might actually enjoy it. :D

:cry: the first bun looks scared stiff, and the second one well it's obvious he wanted to get out and as for him being splashed too :censored:

poor bunnies.

One heck of a terrified bunny in the first video, he was absolutely petrified and couldn't move through fear you can see it in his eyes and the second one is just downright cruelty

That is ridiculous. My OH saw it too and actually asked is the bunny dead because it wasn't moving :shock:

ETA: Just seen the second one too, good grief!

Back