• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent help

I have a thread in rabbit health but need urgent advice.I have just phoned the vets to be told Lilly and Tilly have been separated, something i was totally against. Lilly is still no better but is not on a heat pad or drip, she is just having oral meds. And wont have her op (if she needs one until tomorrow).

I really think we should go and get them both, although rich says they are better off staying there. I guess im really angry that they have been separated from each other. And if all they are doing is giving oral meds, we could do that.

Im ready to call and go and get them, has anyone got any advice?

I'm really sorry but I don't know. I really hope there is some one still up that can help you. She will be in experienced, trained hands at the vets but I would be cross if they had seperated my buns. Hugs to you and I hope you and Lilly will be ok xxxx

Really sorry to hear this :( The only thing I can think is that you phone them back and ask if there was a clinical reason as to why they have been separated and why they think this is a good idea, as to you, you believe that keeping them together is better for their recovery and comfort. (I presume thats where you are coming from with it).

Perhaps they've done it so they can monitor things better? Thats the only reason I can think of, or if Tilly were humping Lilly or something like that.

I think the only way to put your mind at rest may be to call them back and ask?

Have the vets said if Lily is still having IV fluids? (I read your other thread) Did they say why they have seperated them?

from what I've learnt on RU, receiving fluids through IV is an important part of stassis treatment, so if she isn't I would want to know why.

Sorry I don't have anything more useful. Could you both go to the vets to see how she is? She might perk up on seeing you?

Lots of vibes xxx

I have a thread in rabbit health but need urgent advice.I have just phoned the vets to be told Lilly and Tilly have been separated, something i was totally against. Lilly is still no better but is not on a heat pad or drip, she is just having oral meds. And wont have her op (if she needs one until tomorrow).

I really think we should go and get them both, although rich says they are better off staying there. I guess im really angry that they have been separated from each other. And if all they are doing is giving oral meds, we could do that.

My advice is go with your gut instincts, if she isn't on IV then you can probably do the nursing at home yourself as you say and return her in the morning if necessary - you have to trust your instincts that way if something does happen you won't beat yourself up for not doing what you felt was the right thing to do. Where rabbits are concerned they are more likely to be less stressed at home in familiar surroundings and your instincts are telling you that for a reason.

Ive called and said im really worried about them being apart. The lady i spoke to said she would put Tilly in a smaller cage and put her in Lilly's cage so they could see each other, Lilly is on a drip for fluids (thankgod). Feel really exhausted, i cant think straight, i just want her to be ok:cry:

Ive called and said im really worried about them being apart. The lady i spoke to said she would put Tilly in a smaller cage and put her in Lilly's cage so they could see each other, Lilly is on a drip for fluids (thankgod). Feel really exhausted, i cant think straight, i just want her to be ok:cry:

I think you made the right decision for the reasons I mentioned in my PM :)

I hope that this morning brings some good news xx

if its very serious id just leave them there. if ur worried about them u could ask that they be put back together.

can i just ask wats is wrong with her?

Back