PDA

View Full Version : ceacotrophs...

dcs
12-03-2011, 11:02 PM
are rabbits supposed to eat all of the caecotrophs they produce? :bunny:

sdf76
12-03-2011, 11:38 PM
They usually do, but may leave one occasionally when interrupted, particularly if they are nosey buns and there's something interesting that attracts them.

They need to re-ingest them to get all the goodness so shouldn't be leaving loads of them.
sue:wave:

allie1904
12-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Smudge sometimes leave his when he's on some medications, not sure if it makes them taste odd or something xx

yvette
12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Smudge sometimes leave his when he's on some medications, not sure if it makes them taste odd or something xx

Apparently it does.:?
These poops are also called night poops as thats when they get done and eaten.Slapping their little chops together.......:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

beccimarie
14-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Apparently it does.:?
These poops are also called night poops as thats when they get done and eaten.Slapping their little chops together.......:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

my poppys odd as she comes down in the morning and starts nomming them before breakfast :mrgreen: although this might be because i get them up at 5 :lol: sometimes casper leaves one now and again due to his medication but they shouldnt leave loads or regally :wave:.

Roseberry
14-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Mine seem to eat them when they are very fresh, but like the other post says, if they get distracted then they get left. My Barney left loads of his when he was on Covenia.

Georgeypudding
14-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Mine wont eat them when on meds, feeling poorly or if I interupt them and they go cold :shock: I love that little face they make when eating them :oops: