• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever seen a 6ft hutch in a pet shop?

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
just wondering. theres only one shop near me that sells 6fts and they are the hutches made from really thin ply, wouldnt even last s year.

Some of the pets at home ones are 6ft aren't they?
Other than that, nope. Never even seen a 4ft hutch in the shop near me

Yes, Pets at Home's Orchard Manor is 6ft and they have it in store right next to the rabbits pens in the Inverness store :)

they sometimes have 6ft and 5 ft doubles outside my p@h.

but otherwise, no. My local independant pet shop has tiny 3 foot ones only :( its a shame because they seem like genuinely nice people. I'm in love with a lionlop there but cant buy her out of principle :( I hate to think of the tiny space she will live in.

eta: actually some might be 2 foot hutches :(

my pets@home has a 6ft one but not sure what its called?and they only advise it suitable for a small lop.which i found quite good.

Most pet shops only seem to sell the small ply ones, that have the picture of a bunny on the door:roll: These are expensive and inadequate but it seems to be the type that are most available.

Very few petshops will inform you of the true cost of owning a rabbit, the vacs, neuter, a companion just for starters.

A decent hutch and run and the need to find a rabbit savvy vet.

Most pet shops only seem to sell the small ply ones, that have the picture of a bunny on the door:roll: These are expensive and inadequate but it seems to be the type that are most available.

Very few petshops will inform you of the true cost of owning a rabbit, the vacs, neuter, a companion just for starters.

A decent hutch and run and the need to find a rabbit savvy vet.

I agree with you, most pet shops I've been in they offer no advice when I see rabbits being bought. What really annoys me is the 4ft hutches that have signs on saying 'extra large rabbit hutch' :evil:. Although I must say, when I bought Beano I got told about vaccinations, how to care for her and what to feed which was the correct information. The man held Beano for quite a bit talking to me about her. But I didn't get told about costs, a companion, hutch sizes or rabbit savvy vets.

I saw a 6ft at my local Notcutts, but it was flimsy, was already bowing in the middle! Pretty rubbish, and had no run attached, and they had a lot of 3-4ft ones too. My other pet shop only sells one or two, 4ft max.

Back