• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little bit worried ...

I am quite worried about raisin. He seems his normal self though he is passing really runny droppings and they smell awful! He is eating and acting fine, is there need to worry and what should i do!

I think it may be because i have suddenly changed there normal food nuggets ' wagg' to pets at homes version. Though i didn't think it made a difference:shock:

Did you make a gradual transition, or just give them new food with no transition?

She needs to stay hydrated (bowl instead of bottle, for example). she also needs mounds of hay, and not much else.

If she starts to act any different then you need a call a vet ASAP.

Did you make a gradual transition, or just give them new food with no transition?

She needs to stay hydrated (bowl instead of bottle, for example). she also needs mounds of hay, and not much else..

I made the transition straight away when i ran out, i didn't know it was bad for them! Can he still eat the pellets or just hay and water

He needs just hay and water until his tummy settles. I'd suggest cold wter with a dash of boiled water added, to make it warm, and also regularly changed. I woudl also suggest pushing the hay, so every hour or so giving another fresh handful.

Then, you will need to introduce the pellets as you should normally, but without the change of the others.

So you'll need to give a minimal amount on day one and day two, and then on day three increase by a tiny bit, and then keep increasing every other day, until you are giving the amount you want to give.

Its never advisable for people to do anything suddenly with a rabbits diet because of the problems it can cause, like what you're seeeing. Anything needs to be sone slowly and gradually to minimise the risk to the gut.

I was about to write what Sky-O has said, a sudden change in diet has probably caused this, I'd stop feeding the pellets so that he eats more hay, I found putting hay in small piles everywhere encouraged them to eat more and definitely make sure he gets water. Start introducing the pellets after a couple of days bit by bit, I would think that using the Wagg brand that he had before would be better as his tummy is used to this but correct me if I'm wrong? Once his poos are back to normal you can try introducing the new pellets bit by bit and fading out the old. There some good brands pellets out there like science selective or burgess excel that you could maybe try instead of the P@h ones? I also got told to feed them bramble leaves as well so this might help settle his tummy too. I hope he's better soon!

Last edited:
Back