• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weepy eyes...

shell1805

Mama Doe
bella has very slight weepy eyes tonight?? not very gunky just more watery.... any ideas on what could be causing it??

shes not sneezing or anything

xx

Is she behaving normally?

I'd suggest bathing it with water that has been boiled, and then cooled, 2-3 times a day, and then taking her to the vets if it hasn't improved by Monday.

thanks sky-o, she is acting completely normally.. eating,binkying etc just noticed they were watering a fair bit. i will bathe them tonight :) thanks for the advice

Hopefully its something like she has a bit of hair or something in there, not anything major or of much concern.

Spenser has slightly weepy eyes periodically. I've been told it could be a sign of tooth root trouble - hope not, but he's going to have x-rays when he is in for neuter.

mabel seems to get it on and off too, with her i think her sleep builds up in her eyes and needs cleaning

see i was thinking it was that but bella has never had it before, i guess its gonna be a case of watch this space tonight and if shes no better tomorrow or its gotten worse i will take her to the vets monday as long as its nothing i feel needs the emergency vet for

Does it bother her? Spenser's occasionally weepy eyes seem to bother me more than him, which I hope is a good sign. The vet checked his tearducts, and they are fine. Typically his eyes were not weepy on the day of his last visit. :roll:

Does it bother her? Spenser's occasionally weepy eyes seem to bother me more than him, which I hope is a good sign. The vet checked his tearducts, and they are fine. Typically his eyes were not weepy on the day of his last visit. :roll:

1st time ive ever noticed it and she doesnt seem fussed at all though she seems less keen on my staring her directly in the eye :lol:

no it doesn;t bother her, some days i suspect locksley cleans them for her, other days i have to do them, ive noticed since ive had mabel ive not had to remove sleep from locksleys eyes at all, he used to come to me for me to remove it :lol:

bella still has one weepy eye this morning, its not red just watering. could she be allergic to daffodils?? my OH bought me some the other day and they have just opened up. its the only thing i can think of that has changed :?

Back