• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Gordon's set up

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: I rearranged the buns shed a bit today and took a little video of their set up, it's not a very long video. Sorry about the poor quality and it wasn't dark in the shed so I'm not sure why it's come out quite dark. They have acess to the full shed all the time and the shed is 8ft X 6ft. They have some toys out and I switch their toys around so they don't get bored. The bowl on the blanket outside of the crate is used for their veg. In their crate they have a blanket, hay, litter tray and bowls. On top of their crate I have some tubs which are used for their hay, food and stuff like bags for rubbish, disenfectant etc. This was before their evening feed so they don't have any pellets or much hay which I was just about to refill. I hope you like it :)

It's a brilliant set-up, lots of space and a nice base for them to retire. :D Beano looks rather cross at being filmed in her litter tray. :lol:

Thankyou :) :lol: She wasn't happy as she knew I was on the look out for an oppatunity to pick her up to do a bottom check!

If you have anything that you think might make their set up better feel free to say :wave:

Do they actually play with their toys? Spenser almost 100% ignores his. :roll: He used to put them in his water bowl, so I tend to keep them all downstairs and the water bowl upstairs. A night in the waterbowl is OK for plastic toys, but not for the wooden or sisal ones. :lol: He will only acknowledge a toy if I am actually holding it.

Do they actually play with their toys? Spenser almost 100% ignores his. :roll: He used to put them in his water bowl, so I tend to keep them all downstairs and the water bowl upstairs. A night in the waterbowl is OK for plastic toys, but not for the wooden or sisal ones. :lol: He will only acknowledge a toy if I am actually holding it.

They do fairly often, whenever they pass one they will either nose it or throw it usually. And when I change them round they will have a play with them but sometimes they just leave them. :)

They do fairly often, whenever they pass one they will either nose it or throw it usually. And when I change them round they will have a play with them but sometimes they just leave them. :)

Spenser's favourite toy is a cardboard box. We sometimes here loud ripping noises coming from the bottom of the garden. It was quite alarming until we discovered what he was doing. The way his little shoulders heave as he goes at it is really quite impressive. :love:

Awww, bless Spenser :love: I hope the video works for others as it's had a lot of views but no other replys :?

Video worked fine for me :) It looks great - they have lots of space in there :D

My OH is going to put an extra 'level' in our buns shed - we'd like to add a shelf that they can jump onto, so they can sit and see out of the window.

Susie Bun - my foster girls have not played with any toys I have given them and I have tried a LOT. They won't even touch hay-filled toilet roll tubes!

Thanks :D A shelf would be great. Beano doesn't bother with any knawing toys they have, Gordon did when I first got them but not much anymore.

Well, the buns had a busy night trying to mess up their shed as much as they could last night :roll: Their set up is easy for me to tidy and keep clean though :thumb:

Well, the buns had a busy night trying to mess up their shed as much as they could last night :roll: Their set up is easy for me to tidy and keep clean though :thumb:

:lol: They must think we mummies are such a nuisance - they spend all night getting the place the way they like it, then we come along and tidy it up again. :roll::lol:

:lol: They must think we mummies are such a nuisance - they spend all night getting the place the way they like it, then we come along and tidy it up again. :roll::lol:

:lol: Beano uses her front feet to sort of scrape up blankets towards her and Gordon uses his front feet to push blankets so Gordon straightens them back out by doing this :lol:

Liz your set up is great :D

I know you talked about maybe getting them a run for when the nicer weather arrives so that they can have a little time outside. Have you thought any more about this? They are expensive I know :(

Liz your set up is great :D

I know you talked about maybe getting them a run for when the nicer weather arrives so that they can have a little time outside. Have you thought any more about this? They are expensive I know :(

Thankyou :D I am deffinately going to get them a run as Beano used to like it outside. (She used to have a run but it's too small for two bunnies and isn't in very good condition anymore). I will start to have a look round at runs now. I know they are expensive :( But it's my birthday coming up next month so hopefully I may have some more money then. :)

Thankyou :D I am deffinately going to get them a run as Beano used to like it outside. (She used to have a run but it's too small for two bunnies and isn't in very good condition anymore). I will start to have a look round at runs now. I know they are expensive :( But it's my birthday coming up next month so hopefully I may have some more money then. :)

:D:D:D:D

If you still have the old run maybe you could use it as an extension to whatever you get in addition to it? If you make sure that whatever you buy has a door in at least one end this should be possible?

:wave:

:D:D:D:D

If you still have the old run maybe you could use it as an extension to whatever you get in addition to it? If you make sure that whatever you buy has a door in at least one end this should be possible?

:wave:

That's a good idea :) Either that or I was thinking of passing it on to my guineas as it is bigger than the run they have now. Obviously I will clean it properly first if I do this. I used to love sitting out with Beano in her run until the sun went down :love:

Back