• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple sticks

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
We have an apple tree in our garden, and I know that a lot of people on here use apple tree sticks for their bunnies to nom. Mine would love this, but is it any apple tree that you can use the branches from? Or does it have to be a certain species? And is there anything I need to do with the twigs, or shall I just cut them down and give them like that?

Thanks.

Nor sure, but Spenser ate leaves from our apple tree and I've no idea what type it was. I say was becuase it has been chopped down to make way for a summerhouse. It really wasn't the healthiest or prettiest of trees, and we only got six apples from it last year. I certainly wouldn't have given them the wood to nom.

You can feed them any part of the tree and the apple apart from the apple pips.

So long as the tree hasn't had any pesticides sprayed on it you can just cut the branch and give it straight to them, or give it a quick scrub with a scrubbing brush under the tap first if it looks a bit green.

You can feed them any part of the tree and the apple apart from the apple pips.

So long as the tree hasn't had any pesticides sprayed on it you can just cut the branch and give it straight to them, or give it a quick scrub with a scrubbing brush under the tap first if it looks a bit green.

I arent sure if it was sprayed anytime before we moved in, but it definitely hasnt had anything done to it for a year, would this be ok?

Back