• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just found a rabbit :(

traceymadigan

Warren Scout
MY next door neighbours came and knocked to tell me one of my rabbits was in their garden ,anyway it wasnt one of mine but it was a pet rabbit but it ran out of the garden and i have been running round the estate for about an hour with no shoes on trying to catch it .
It went through the woods and into someones garden and under their shed so i knocked and went in to see if i could get it ,in their shed was an old hutch and droppings on the floor with piles of junk everywhere and what looks like a burrow under the shed ,i am wondering if it has been their rabbit that they have let loose and dont know what to do now ,i feel so upset aout this and rang the rspca who said unless i know its deffo there they wont come out .
The boy who was in the house seemed to have learning difficultys and didnt seem bothered so i cant explain things properly to him :(

I dont know whether to go back with a dog crate and some food and see if i can catch it again but i have been twice and it just runs under the base of the shed ,i dont think they are too happy with me either !

i think I would try and take it home with you, it must be theirs if it keeps running back to their shed. Stupid Question Have you tryed some treats to temped it out? Bless I hope its ok. Goodluck:thumb:

I chased it about 2 miles round the estate before we got to there though and they said theirs was dead so i dont know but there was deffo fresh droppings in the shed so whether it has been living there or maybe wild ones have as it backs on to woods ,i have bin sitting here crying over it :(

If you go back, take some poo and soiled bedding from your bunnies because the smells of other bunnies can often work as a magnet.

It sounds like it is most likely their rabbit that they have neglected and are probably too scared or embarrased to admit it. Is there much natural food around the shed and water? If so, then perhaps the bun is able to fend for himself. :?

I have just been round again to try and get him and the stupid woman has now decided it is her rabbit and its been coming in and out for three years,i have told her to expect the rspca and i am ringing them now :shock:

Just to update you,the rspca rang back and said they will not be doing anything as the rabbit seemed healthy :shock:,this morning it has been outside my garden and left poos all along my fence so if it keeps coming back i will open my gate so it can come in as once i shut my gate there is no way out ,only prob is oh who said we cant keep it :(

Oh what a horrible situation you are in. If you are anything like me though, you'll manage to win OH round when you've saved it??? ;) Good luck!! xx

Good luck catching him, poor bunny :( Would your OH let you keep the bun temporarily until you can find a rescue space?

The rabbit came back again this morning and ate some food i left ,cant cant him yet he is so wary ,probably as he has been fending for himself for three years though :(

Back