• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiny hutch spoke to The Range Manager good outcome!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I must officially be a true rabbity person now :D!! The Range were selling a tiny hutch 3ftx1ftx1ft advertised for rabbits!! so I had a long chat with the very nice Deputy Manager and the head of that section. I explained in as nice a way possible all about the RSPCA recommended size, a bit about rabbit welfare and why this hutch was unsuitable and the signs were taken down while I was there and are to be changed to small animal hutch. The head of that section was then asked to brief other staff to let buyers know it's not suitable for rabbits and why. He thanked me for sharing this knowledge which he said they just dont know about unless someone comes forward to advise them! He's also going to speak to their head office to let them know this is an issue that needs to be looked into!! Very impressed!! Probably won't stop The Range selling the hutches but I'm pretty confident in the Colchester store they won't be advertised as rabbit hutches and the staff will tell customers :D

Well done Boudicca.

Was it the little hutch with the slide out under tray and red painting on the solid panel door?

Good for you. :thumb: That hutch sounds unsuitable for ANY rabbit. Imagine a big fellow like Spenser stuck in it.:shock::(

Thanks all! It's the first time I've really done anything like that so I felt a bit odd and probably came across almost apologetic which probably helped! I'm really surprised at how genuinely interested they were and how long we chatted! Graham it was just a tiny plain wooden one no colour!

Last edited:
Back