• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my buns are going through ALOT of water

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
:shock:

the 6 are going through 2 1l bottles in under 24 hours, the trio are going through 1 in around 12 hours, & Magic and Storm go through maybe half a bottle a day, & Ozzy goes through the smaller size of bottle ever 12 hours or less
:shock::shock:

anyone else buns drink this much ?

Ginger would probably outdrink all your buns put together :lol:

But then shes going through renal failure, so that probably doesnt count :oops:

Mini and Mischa go through 1L in about 24-48 hours ;) They just eat so much hay that they get very thirsty. I think it's Mischa that drinks the most and they have had urine tests to check things out, nothings wrong.

I am really worried about a foster bun, Oliver. He goes through a larger bowl in 12 hours than the rest do in 24. Even more than my pair. The vet is monitoring his weight and we'll decide next week if he needs further testing. :(

My bun goes through around 650ml or more in 24 hours. He used to go through over a litre! This is him by himself!

Are yours rescue buns? The vet was worried but said as he seems healthy it could be behavioural. She said that as I know nothing about his past, it is possible that he was stuck in a small hutch with nothing to do and she said that rabbits in these conditions can get obsessive behaviours. She said it is possible obsessive drinking from a bottle could be one of them, particularly as his drinking has decreased a little since I have had him and he has more space.

I guess its possible.

I would be worried if you rabbits water intake has INCREASED dramatically though, as that to me indicates a possible change in health.

Back