• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off foraging this afternoon....

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...here's hoping i come back with hands this time :)

I am prepared though - i have scissors, and gloves!

Mainly just bramble leaves, but will probably pick a few dandelions, although Ginger wont be having any.

Wish me luck :D

You are very lucky then! I have to drive (at least) 25mins to get decent fields and hedgerows. :evil:
Hope you get some nommy things.

Bexleyheath isn't exactly the greenest area in the world eh Pie? ;)

Could you go up to Hall Place or Danson at all?

Bexleyheath isn't exactly the greenest area in the world eh Pie? ;)

Could you go up to Hall Place or Danson at all?

:shock: How do you know about Hall Place and Danson?
I will go down to Danson Park soon - they have fantastic willow trees there.
Hall Place is quite close but doesn't have anything decent for buns. I tend to go down Eynsford way.

:shock: How do you know about Hall Place and Danson?
I will go down to Danson Park soon - they have fantastic willow trees there.
Hall Place is quite close but doesn't have anything decent for buns. I tend to go down Eynsford way.

:wave:

I know the area fairly well. :)

My Nan/Auntie lived near 'The Oval' just down from Blackfen, if yuo know it?

I spent many childhood days at both Hall Place & Danson :wave:

Interesting about the willow trees there - might have to go look next time im up that way, although i doubt it will be soon. My nan passed away a short while ago, so i dont have so much of a reason to travel that way anymore.

Aww Im sorry about your nan.

Yea, Danson has some amazing and huge willows. My friend lives in Blackfen so know it quite well yea. Small world! :D

My neighbour has blackberry bushes in his garden. Are they OK for thwe buns to eat? Should I go cut them some? What about the thorns and the buns mouths/paws?

My neighbour has blackberry bushes in his garden. Are they OK for thwe buns to eat? Should I go cut them some? What about the thorns and the buns mouths/paws?

Leaves with the spines on are fine :wave:

They are good for tummies :)

I would love to be able to go out and find 'stuff' but I just don't know what the hell I'm looking for :? How do you know what's what?

I would love to be able to go out and find 'stuff' but I just don't know what the hell I'm looking for :? How do you know what's what?

I read threads on RU :)

Search for the Foraging 2011 thread and last years thread, "Drying herbs for Winter" :)

Back