• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutralising the hutch will be so hard.

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I've just been cleaning out the hutch, and it's a TIP on the inside. Currently Benji and Nahla live in there, but only at night (and obviously they're separated.) They're both being neutered on thursday, but obviously as they are currently not done they've spent their time marking their territory. Ie peeing/spraying EVERYWHERE. Nahla especially has gotten really bad lately:(

So in Summer, when all three of my buns are done and I want to bond them, I'll have to neutralise the hutch as it will hopefully be their "base". It's lined with lino but it's so ruined that I'm going to have to take up all the lino and put more down:roll: Plus I think I'll have to disinfect and vinegar the hutch all over and then completely repaint it to get rid of the smell/sight of the spray stains.

Not to mention Nahla has chewed EVERYTHING:evil::lol:

I've just been cleaning out the hutch, and it's a TIP on the inside. Currently Benji and Nahla live in there, but only at night (and obviously they're separated.) They're both being neutered on thursday, but obviously as they are currently not done they've spent their time marking their territory. Ie peeing/spraying EVERYWHERE. Nahla especially has gotten really bad lately:(

So in Summer, when all three of my buns are done and I want to bond them, I'll have to neutralise the hutch as it will hopefully be their "base". It's lined with lino but it's so ruined that I'm going to have to take up all the lino and put more down:roll: Plus I think I'll have to disinfect and vinegar the hutch all over and then completely repaint it to get rid of the smell/sight of the spray stains.

Not to mention Nahla has chewed EVERYTHING:evil::lol:

Just searched for bonding / neutralising threads and yours came up... realised it's quite old. How did it all go? neutralising / bonding? I'm about to re-bond my two boys which were neutered about 6-7 weeks ago. Have the same issue, they currently share a shed / run but divided down the middle, gonna be a big job to neutralise it all before they can go back in together....

i have no helpful sujestions haa

im dreading having to do the shed soon too, snow pees on everything shes just to lazy to go into the litter box :')

i have no helpful sujestions haa

im dreading having to do the shed soon too, snow pees on everything shes just to lazy to go into the litter box :')

This thread is from March!:lol:

But yes, neutralising WAS a nightmare, and unfortunately thetrio bonding was unnsuccessful, but I did get a pair:)

Back