• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many crunchies???...

MichG

Mama Doe
Do you feed a day/week?
Mine could sit and eat a whole packet in one sitting I am sure!

I currently give each one every other day, apart from patch who gets one a day after taking his Lapizole (bribery!!)

Just wondering if they are one of these "in moderation" treats!

I always get dissaproving looks when I only give one, Poppy takes to crusing round the whole run/hutch sniffing madly to check I didn't drop any when she wasn't looking :shock: I think she has issues!

Sometimes Bramble has one a day, then sometimes none for a few days. He does get Excel treats everyday though......

I think I overdose Pickles slightly! :oops: I wouldn't give him more than one a day, except he mugs me for them constantly. He's not a very happy bunny at the moment so I end up treating him to 3 or 4 a day. Doesn't seem to be doing him any harm though.

Mine have one at the most, but some days not even that. If it was down to my OH they would have loads but he hasn't got to clean up Smudges runny bum after :roll:

Spenser often gets three. :oops: He doesn't have mucky bum trouble though. He's very difficult to catch and almost impossible to handle, so a degree of bribery and reward is still pattern of daily life for us.

I was wondering this the other day as well. I normally give both of mine one every evening, not loads I know but I wasn't sure if this was still too much? If so, I think I might give one every other evening instead. Peanut had a bit of funny tummy the other day so she's not having any at the moment.

Mine don't seem to have any tummy problems but I think I need to start cutting down a bit more on pellets (maybe once a day instead of twice) and treats... OH thinks Poppy is getting fat :? (I say she is cuddly!!)

I don't think it was the crunchies that caused the tummy problem but just till I'm satisfied that she's back to normal, which she seems to be, I just wanted to cut the treats out for a bit. Looks like she's going to get a crunchy tonight though, she'll be very happy :D

Back